Cherry Chocolate Walnut Truffles – the perfect little healthy bite to tame that sweet tooth and keep hunger at bay.
Afternoon slump got you down? Usually in those moments of weakness we reach for a sweet treat or a salty snack that is in no way going to boost our energy, and will most likely make us feel even worse.
Well, now you’re in luck! These Cherry Chocolate Walnut Truffles are made from real whole food ingredients! Enough sweetness to satisfy, but with protein, fiber, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals too! And only 5 ingredients needed (6 if you count salt).
This recipe makes 2 dozen – keep them in your freezer and pop one in your mouth whenever you feel that sweet tooth taking over.
I coated these in chocolate to make them even more indulgent, but they are fabulous even without the chocolate coating. You could even top them with crushed nuts/seeds or mini chocolate chips if you want. Sprinkle on any toppings while the chocolate coating is still warm.
I didn’t get fancy with these. With three kids usually running wild while I cook, I don’t generally have time for fancy toppings. 🙂 So, while these might not be as Pinterest-pretty as some other truffles you might find out there, trust me they are just as delicious!
Super Fudgy – Just Three Ingredients!
The inside is super fudgy and, even straight from the freezer, is super soft. Can you believe only 3 ingredients create this amazing texture? Yep, just walnuts, dried cherries and unsweetened cocoa powder. No added sugar, no oil, no flour!
Check out these other easy vegan truffle recipes:
Cherry Chocolate Truffles
If you can stop at just one, I applaud you. These have become somewhat of an addiction around here. So easy to make! And since they are dairy free, gluten free, oil free, and refined sugar free, go ahead and eat a couple of these delicious Cherry Chocolate Truffles!
If you try them, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating.
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
Cherry Chocolate Walnut Truffles
- Line a baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the walnuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the consistency of a fine crumb.
- Add the cocoa powder and salt and pulse a few times to combine.
- Drain the dried cherries and add them to the food processor. Process until the dough starts to come together in one big sticky ball.
- Form into balls by taking 1-2 tbsp at a time and rolling it in the palm of your hand.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet or plate and place in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
- In a small pot over low heat, add the chocolate chips and dairy free milk. Stir constantly until smooth. This will only take a few minutes - do not walk away or it will burn. If you want it a bit thinner, add another tbsp of dairy free milk until desired consistency is reached. Turn off the heat.
- Take the truffles out of the freezer and dip them in the chocolate (1-2 at a time), turning them so they are coated evenly. Using a fork lift them out of the chocolate and place back on the baking sheet or plate. Place back in the freezer to set.
- Enjoy them straight out of the freezer!
- Place any leftovers in a freezer safe container or bag (make sure they are completely cold first so they don't stick together).
Want more vegan desserts?
Want more dairy free chocolate?