Roasted Carrot and White Bean Spread
A delicious and healthy spread flavorful enough to serve at a party, but easy enough to whip up anytime you crave a snack.
- 2 cups chopped carrots (peeled)
- 1 small onion (chopped into big pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans (or 1 15 oz can)
- 1 roasted red pepper (I used jarred, but you can roast a raw pepper with the carrots if you want)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp gluten-free tamari (or soy sauce)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt/pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil for roasting (about 1 tbsp)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place carrots and onions on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast vegetables for 20-25 minutes until tender and edges are browned.
In a food processor, place the roasted vegetables and all remaining ingredients. Pulse until nearly smooth. I like this with a little bit of texture, but you can puree it all the way if you prefer.
Serve with crackers, raw vegetables, pita chips, or crusty bread.
~This is also delicious as a sandwich spread!
Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3850IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.7mg