Lentil Quinoa Salad with Spinach and Citrus
A protein packed energizing light lunch.
- 1/2 cup dry lentils (rinsed, drained, and cooked according to package directions)
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa (rinsed, drained, and cooked according to package directions) (I used tricolor quinoa for color)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2-3 clementines (segmented) (I used 2 as mine were huge and sliced the segments in half)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 4 big handfuls fresh spinach
Creamy Oil-Free Balsamic Vinaigrette
Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together and set aside.
Mix all salad ingredients, except spinach, in a medium bowl.
When ready to serve, add one big handful of spinach to individual bowls and top with lentil quinoa mixture. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Store spinach, lentil quinoa mixture and vinaigrette all separately if you have leftovers.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 754mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3600IU | Vitamin C: 46.2mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 4.7mg