Raw Veggie Chopped Salad
A fresh, crunchy and flavorful way to "eat the rainbow." The perfect salad for parties, potlucks and BBQs. Make it ahead of time and relax before it's time to eat!
Chopped Raw Veggie Salad
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped small (about 1 cup)
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped small (about 1 cup)
- 5-8 radishes cut in half and sliced thin (about ¾ cup)
- 1 small head of broccoli chopped small (about 2 cups)
- 1 seedless cucumber chopped small (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- ⅛ cup raw hemp hearts
In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and mix well.
Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
Pour the dressing over the chopped veggies and toss well to coat.
Cover and place in the fridge for an hour or two, tossing the salad once or twice during that time to coat evenly.
~ The measurements of the chopped veggies are estimates. It doesn't have to be exact as long as it's close.
~ Chop all the veggies about the same size.
~ Use fresh herbs, not dried!
~ Switch it up!
~ Make this salad ahead of time and let it mingle with the dressing for at least an hour or two. I like to toss the salad once or twice during this time so the dressing completely covers all the veggies. The veggies will start to soak up the dressing and soften just a bit, while still maintaining their crunch.
~ Double it up to serve a crowd.
- Add diced avocado right before serving.
- Toss it with chopped romaine or spinach.
- Add olives or vegan feta.
- Toss it with cooked and cooled quinoa.
- Add chickpeas or white beans.
Keep leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 184mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2050IU | Vitamin C: 155.1mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 2.3mg