Veggie Lo Mein
A quick and easily customizable, oil free, stir fry.
- 6 oz Lo Mein noodles
- 1 red bell pepper (julienned)
- 2 carrots (peeled and julienned)
- 2 heads of baby bok choy (rinsed well and chopped into bite size pieces)
- ½ small head of broccoli (chopped into bite size pieces)
- ½ cup pea shoots
- ¼ cup cashews (chopped)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger root
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
Whisk together all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
Cook noodles according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, sauté broccoli, red bell pepper, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
Add the carrots, bok choy and cashews and sauté another 2 minutes.
Take off heat and add the sauce, pea shoots and noodles. Toss to combine.
Serve immediately garnished with more pea shoots and chopped cashews.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 657mg | Potassium: 212mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 6950IU | Vitamin C: 94.9mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2.3mg