Strawberry Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Peanut Butter Oatmeal with fresh sliced strawberries, cinnamon and chopped salted peanuts. It's sweetened by adding a smashed overripe banana to the water while the oats are cooking. No added sugars are necessary!
- 2 cups old fashioned gluten free oats
- 3 ¼ cups water
- 1 over-ripe banana smashed
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter organic and natural preferred - peanuts should be the only ingredient....and maybe salt
- ½ cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon depending on how much you like your cinnamon...I LOVE it so I add even more!
- more sliced strawberries
- chopped salted peanuts
Add water to pot and whisk in the smashed banana until mostly incorporated.
Add oats and turn stove to medium heat, stir to combine.
Once mixture starts to thicken and bubble, turn heat to low and continue to simmer, stirring frequently until oats are creamy (this only take a few minutes)
Add peanut butter and cinnamon. Stir until peanut butter is melted and fully incorporated
Turn off heat. Add strawberries and stir to combine.
Serve warm with extra strawberries, chopped salted peanuts and another dash of cinnamon on top for garnish (optional).
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g