Miso Parsley Hummus
Miso provides texture and taste to this hummus without adding any oil, keeping it a light and low-fat option for a satisfying snack.
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tablespoons water plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon mellow white miso
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
~ Chef's Note: For an extra "lemony" taste, use 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
~ A note from Veggie Inspired: I added a bit more cayenne and a clove of garlic.
*Don't forget to snag yourself a copy of the Jazzy Vegetarian's Deliciously Vegan cookbook.
Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 9.9mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2mg