Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies
Healthier blondies that are moist and tender in the center with a bit of a crackly crust on the top. High in protein, fiber, iron and folate! Gluten free, dairy free and oil free! You might want to make a double batch because these dreamy Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies are addictive!
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas drained and rinsed (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup old fashioned rolled oats certified gluten free if desired
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar or organic brown sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts optional
- Cinnamon Sugar mixture optional for garnish (equal parts of cinnamon and sugar mixed together)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly spritz an 8x8 baking dish with oil or line with parchment paper.
Combine all ingredients, except walnuts, in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
Add the walnuts, if using, and stir gently, then smooth the batter out.
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture, if using.
Bake for 30 minutes until the sides start to pull away from the baking dish and the top is firm.
The blondies will continue to firm up while cooling.
Cut into equal size squares and serve.
~ The batter will be thick and sticky. If you're finding it hard to spread into the pan, slightly dampen your spatula (or your clean hands) and spread out, dampening again as necessary.
~ Nutrition facts calculated without optional cinnamon sugar topping.
Serving: 9Servings | Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 168mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 21g