Quinoa Vegetable Soup
A very light and fresh tasting summer vegetable soup, but very filling with the addition of the protein packed quinoa.
- 3 medium or 2 large carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (divided)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari or soy sauce)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 zucchini (chopped) (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tsp salt
- 5-6 leaves fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat ¼ cup vegetable broth. Add the diced carrot, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar and coconut aminos. Sauté for 7-8 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
Add the diced tomatoes remaining vegetable broth, and quinoa and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Add the zucchini, peas, salt, basil, parsley and additional tbsp of balsamic. Simmer another 3-4 minutes.
Adjust seasoning as desired. Serve hot.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1714mg | Potassium: 654mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 10600IU | Vitamin C: 51.2mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 4mg