Chocolate Nice Cream Breakfast Parfait
Chocolate ice cream that's healthy enough for breakfast! It's loaded with nutritious ingredients, packed with protein and fiber and cool and creamy! Eat it for dessert too! No one will know it's good for you!
Servings: 2 people
Protein Packed Chocolate Nice Cream
- 1 cups frozen banana slices
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or sunflower seed butter for nut-free
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used Sunwarrior Classic Plus in Chocolate) (optional)
- 2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) creamy non-dairy milk optional for thinning a bit (I used full fat coconut milk. Cashew or almond would be great too)
Place frozen bananas, peanut butter, protein powder, cocoa powder, vanilla and non-dairy milk in a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
Use it immediately or place in a bowl in the freezer* for 15-20 minutes to harden up just a bit. (I like it best like soft serve, so I eat it right away)
Layer the chocolate nice cream with fresh banana slices, raw rolled oats, chocolate chips and blueberries (or whatever else your heart desires).
*You can keep the chocolate nice cream in the freezer, but it does get pretty hard. You will probably need to thaw it out a bit and stir before eating.
~Nutrition facts calculated for the Chocolate N'Ice Cream alone, not with any additional toppings.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 9.1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.7mg