Fresh and bright with the flavors of the mediterranean, these stuffed peppers are a lightened up, filling dinner that’s perfect for spring.
It’s officially spring! Time to put away our winter boots and say goodbye to the dark drab days of winter. I’m loving all of the sunshine we’ve been having lately and I’m drawn to all the colorful beauty that emerges this time of year.
I couldn’t resist using different colored bell peppers in this dish. They just look so vibrant! And even though the stuffing mixture for these Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers is certainly filling thanks to the quinoa and chickpeas, it’s really quite light and fresh.
It’s the perfect dish for an easy spring meal.
The filling is creamy from the tahini, fresh from the tomatoes and parsley, tangy form the artichokes and roasted red pepper, crunchy from the diced bell pepper, “meaty” from the chickpeas and chewy from the quinoa. This dish has it all!
And just like my Mediterranean Pasta, which has many of the same flavors going on, my kids and hubby declared this Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers recipe a winner!
You could serve these Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers all on their own, or pair it with a salad, bowl of soup, or maybe just some crusty bread.
They are just as good reheated the next day, so make extra and you don’t have to think about lunch.
If you happen to have some filling leftover that didn’t fit into your peppers (though mine was a perfect fit), it would be great stuffed in a pita with some greens and cucumber slices…no need to even heat it up! Or throw leftovers into these Mediterranean Grain Bowls.
You might want to also double up on the dressing to use for salads later in the week or to drizzle over roasted vegetables or buddha bowls or maybe even as a dip for raw veggies or crackers. It’s extremely versatile.
So, grab a fork and dig in to the fresh flavors of the Mediterranean with these easy Stuffed Peppers!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers sliced in half, seeds and ribs removed
- ½ bell pepper diced (not the ones above for slicing in half…an additional one) (any color)
- 1 roasted red bell pepper diced (I used one from a jar, but you could roast your own if you wish)
- ¾ cup artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved (or cherry tomatoes, quartered)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
For the stuffed peppers:
- Preheat the oven 350° F.
- Arrange your halved bell peppers in one layer in the bottom of a 9 x 11 casserole dish, cut side up and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the diced bell pepper, roasted red pepper, artichokes, chickpeas, quinoa, grape tomatoes, parsley, diced garlic, 1 teaspoon cumin, oregano, juice of 1 lemon and ¼ cup tahini and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers in your casserole dish. Fill them up to the top.
- Drizzle about half of the Red Pepper Sauce (directions below) onto the stuffed peppers.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until heated through.
- Drizzle with the remaining Red Pepper Sauce before serving.
For the Red Pepper Sauce:
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. You can thin with a bit of water if desired.
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.