No Bake Pumpkin Pie with a Gingerbread Hazelnut Crust – a healthier, no bake version of a Thanksgiving classic.
I think it’s safe to say that nearly every American Thanksgiving table will hold a pumpkin pie at some point during the holiday. However, Pumpkin Pie seems to be a love or hate kind of dish. Which side of the fence are you on?
I happen to love Pumpkin Pie! I am not much of a pie baker though. Homemade pie crust intimidates me (not sure why, I have NEVER tried it) and store bought pie crust likely contains a whole lot of questionable ingredients.
Enter the No Bake Pumpkin Pie w/ Gingerbread Hazelnut Crust. Sounds fancy, no? It really couldn’t be easier. This pie filling you will want to eat with a spoon all by itself. I did, I’m not ashamed. I took one bite on a spoon to test it and then couldn’t stop myself. Luckily, I still had plenty to fill my crust.
This pumpkin pie is high in protein due to the beans and nuts. It’s high in potassium, vitamin B6 and iron due to the molasses. Vitamins A and C are plentiful due to the pumpkin.
It may be healthy and have some sneaky ingredients (I’m looking at you, chickpeas!), but it’s kid approved! All 3 of my kids loved this!
I tried storing a few pieces in the fridge and it worked ok, but the filling got VERY soft and the top started to slide off the crust. Therefore, I suggest strong this pie in the freezer and letting it sit out a bit to thaw before serving.
No Bake Pumpkin Pie
I hope you love this No Bake Pumpkin Pie as much as we do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
- In a food processor, pulse the hazelnuts and coconut until they are tiny crumbs. Add the remaining crust ingredients and pulse until combined, but still crumbly.
- Press the crust mixture into a round springform pan and put in the freezer to set while you make the filling.
- In the food processor, blend all filling ingredients until smooth.
- Pour filling mixture onto the crust and put back into the freezer to set for several hours or overnight.
- Before serving, remove from freezer to thaw for at least 30 minutes before serving.
More Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes to Love: