All the flavors of your favorite taco inside a hearty veggie burger. This easy Taco Burger recipes is perfect for any night of the week! Vegan and Gluten Free.
Happy Taco Tuesday! Or is it Burger Night? Whichever your heart desires, I’ve got you covered today!
This vegan Taco Burger satisfies your craving for a hearty burger with all the flavors of a classic taco. So easy to make, Taco Tuesday might just become Taco Burger Night from here on out.
Quick and Easy
These taco burgers made my house smell amazing as they were cooking!
When my son came home from school the first day I made these he asked, “Are we having tacos?” Sort of, buddy. He was not disappointed!
Since these taco burgers are baked, instead of pan fried, the majority of time it takes to make them is hands-off. And baking instead of frying means we can make them oil-free!
And you know what makes the perfect accompaniment to Taco Burgers? Chips and salsa! Any excuse to gobble down more chips and salsa is a win in my book!
Top It Off
Along with lettuce, tomato and avocado (taco staples, right?) I slathered on some of my Creamy Cumin Ranch Dressing and, wow, was it the perfect addition to this Taco Burger!
I originally created this southwest inspired ranch dressing to drizzle on my Black Bean Taco Salad, so naturally the flavors work really well with this burger, too.
Taco Burger Recipe
Let’s get to the good stuff – the recipe for this amazing Taco Burger! I hope you love it as much as we do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it! Enjoy!
- ¾ cup raw chopped walnuts
- 1 ½ cups cooked pinto beans (or one 15 oz can)
- 1 cup cooked lentils (leftover lentils work great if you have them)
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1-2 tbsp taco sauce (your favorite) (or use salsa)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- ½ spanish onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ cup veggie broth or water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, heat the veggie broth or water. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic and sauté for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, pulse the walnuts in the bowl of a food processor until they resemble a fine crumb. Add the pinto beans, lentils, cilantro, chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika and 1 tbsp taco sauce and pulse until combined. If the mixture seems a bit dry, add another tbsp taco sauce.
- When the peppers, onions and garlic are done, add them to the bean/lentil mixture and pulse a few times to combine.
- Form the mixture into patties* using your hands and place on the prepared baking sheet**.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping them over after 15 minutes.
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.