Cinnamon Sugar Cookies – perfectly chewy, sweet, and packed with warm cinnamon. Only 6 ingredients and 15 minutes needed to make these quick and easy, gluten free cookies! What are you waiting for?
Perfect Sugar Cookies
Who doesn’t love sugar cookies? They’re sweet, crispy, chewy – pretty much the perfect treat for any time. But, what’s a cinnamon loving girl to do with regular sugar cookies? Add some cinnamon, of course!
These Cinnamon Sugar Cookies are my perfect cookie. A little crispy bite on the outside, dense and chewy on the inside, just sweet enough with a little bit of spice…so yum! And with only 6 ingredients and 15 minutes, they’re sure to be your favorite cookie too!
Better Than Traditional Snickerdoodles
If you don’t believe me that these are the perfect cookies, perhaps you’ll believe my dad. He’s very trustworthy, I promise. His all time favorite cookie has always been a snickerdoodle. He especially loves my aunt’s (his sister in law) homemade snickerdoodles.
When he tasted these Cinnamon Sugar Cookies, he said, “I think these might replace my favorite snickerdoodles.” Um, that’s what I’m talking about!! The vegan cookie wins!
If you love cinnamon as much as I do, check out my other cinnamon spiced recipes as well, like my Apple Cinnamon Quick Bread, Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Maple Pecan Cinnamon Scones, and Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies.
Another reason these are better than traditional snickerdoodles, is that they are secretly healthy. Well, ok, these aren’t exactly health food, but they are certainly healthier than standard cookies.
These amazing cookies contain no oil, no butter, no dairy, no eggs, no gluten, and no refined sugar! That’s right! Sugar cookies with no refined sugar…or granulated sugar of any kind! But, trust me, they are every bit as mouthwatering!
Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
I can’t wait for you guys to try these amazing, chewy, Cinnamon Sugar Cookies!! Please leave me a comment and star rating below letting me know how much you love them! And let me see those beautiful photos – snap a quick pic and tag me on social media with #veggieinspired and @veggie_inspired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry while stirring. Stir well to thoroughly combine. The dough will be sticky, but this is what you want.
- Using your hands, roll the dough, about 1 tbsp at a time, into a ball and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Dampen your hands slightly to make the dough easier to work with. Continue until all the dough has been used. Be sure to space the balls of dough out on the baking sheet with a few inches in between because they will spread out into perfectly round cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until they are starting to firm up on the outside.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring the cookies too a wire rack to continue cooling completely.
~If you really love cinnamon like I do - add an extra 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon.
~These cookies are best eaten on the same day. However, they are also delicious straight out of the freezer, which gives them a crunchy texture!