Mystery Box Challenge accepted! Quick and easy Vegan Biscotti plus 19 other festive vegan recipes to browse. Enjoy!
Why have I not made biscotti before?? It is so easy! I whipped up a batch of Whole Wheat Cranberry Pistachio Vegan Biscotti for a holiday party last weekend and I can’t wait to get in the kitchen and make more flavors too! I seriously can’t stop eating these! They are just sweet enough and have a nice crunch, but not in a break your teeth kind of way that reminds me of some traditional biscotti. And these have no butter, no oil and no eggs! Just real whole food ingredients that won’t make you feel guilty when you reach for one more!
I actually jotted down this recipe in my notebook over a month ago now, but kept putting off actually making it. And then I got word of a Mystery Box Challenge, being hosted by Andrew (One Ingredients Chef) and Sam (It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken), that sounded super intriguing to me. It works kind of like Chopped on the Food Network, except in the end, we all win because we get to see all of these delicious recipes and no one has to go home.
I signed up not knowing what ingredients would be in the mystery box – obviously…that’s the point! When I got the e-mail with the list, I could not have been more thrilled: cranberries, pistachios and coconut milk. Say what?? It’s like they were reading my mind! Or maybe they just wanted it to be festive. Either way, I knew exactly what I was making and they turned out amazing!
There are 19 more delicious vegan recipes at the end of this post from all the other talented bloggers who participated in this Mystery Box Challenge. From breakfast to dessert, sweet to savory, we’ve got you covered! If you like cranberries and pistachios, it is certainly your lucky day!
But, first things first, let’s get back to this vegan biscotti recipe. For research purposes (wink, wink), I’ve eaten these for dessert, snack and even breakfast! And guess what, they are the perfect treat at anytime of day! My son was happy to see them in his lunchbox a few times already. I’m betting even a large jolly man in a red suit might like to see these waiting for him on a certain holiday evening.
These biscotti cookies are such a festive, delicious treat. If you want them crunchier, slice them thinner; if you want them a little softer, slice them thicker. Just be sure to watch them closely during the second bake so they don’t burn. If you slice them thinner, you might need less time; if you slice them thicker, you might need an extra minute or two.
Enjoy with your favorite cup of coffee or tea…or just by themselves. Either way, they are delicious!
Cranberry Pistachio Vegan Biscotti
I hope you guys love these Vegan Biscotti as much as we do. If you try them, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and rating. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Process for a few seconds to blend.
- Add the cashew butter and process until combined.
- Add the coconut milk and vanilla and process again until blended well and the mixture is moist throughout.
- Add the pistachios and dried cranberries and pulse a few times to mix.
- Turn the mixture out onto a clean surface and mash it together. There may be some crumbly bits left behind...gather them up and mash them into the dough until everything sticks together.
- Shape the dough into a disc shape and cut it in half.
- Shape each half into a log...about 12 inches long...and then press down on the tops slightly to make them flatter.
- Carefully transfer the logs to the prepared baking sheet (I used two flat spatulas slid underneath to help with this).
- Bake for 20 minutes and then let cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the logs onto a cutting board and slice horizontally into 1/2 -1 inch slices (mine were about 3/4 inch). Place the slices, cut side down, back onto the baking sheet and bake another 7-8 minutes until lightly browned. Keep an eye on them - if yours are on the thinner side, they will take less time...if they are thicker, you might need a minute or two more.
- Let cool on the baking sheet (if you can wait that long). They will continue to crisp up more as they cool.
*You can use store bought or homemade cashew butter.
This recipe yields anywhere from 20-30 cookies depending on how wide you cut the slices.
Now, please browse through and show some love for all of the Mystery Box Challenge recipes! Enjoy!!
Magic Fruit Cake Bars with White Chocolate Drizzle by One Ingredient Chef
Vegan Cranberry Pistachio Loaf by It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken
Cranberry Cheesecake & Pistachio Stuffed Vegan French Toast by Connoisseurus Veg
Pistachio Crusted Cranberry Cashew Coconut Cheese by Lemon and Coconut
Cranberry Pistachio and Mango Salad by Veggies Save the Day
Cranberry Cointreau Coconut Ice Cream with Candied Pistachios by Vegan Yack Attack
Cranberry Pistachio Donuts by Two City Vegans (Casey)
Cranberry Pistachio Gingersnap Truffles by Two City Vegans (Alix)
Coconut Pistachio Cashew Cheese Panini with Cranberry Jam by Peppers and Peaches
Toasted Pistachio Rice Pudding with Candied Cranberries by The Lazy Vegan Baker
Pistachio and Cranberry Cream Sandwich Cookies by Love Me Feed Me
Vegan Meringue Nests with Cranberry Coconut Whip and Crushed Pistachios by The Viet Vegan
Vegan Coconut Quinoa Salad by Beets Not Meats
Cranberry Orange & Pistachio Muffins With Vanilla Cream by A Virtual Vegan
Gourmet Lazy Cabbage Rolls by Choose to Cook
Sweet Potato Coconut Curry with Cranberries and Pistachios by The Tofu Diaries
Lebanese Semolina Pudding (Layali Lubnan) by Lands and Flavors
Vegan Chocolate Cranberry Cake by The Seasonal Diet by The Seasonal Diet