Brown Rice Crispy Treats w/ Strawberries – super easy, super tasty, and absolutely no marshmallows needed!!
Keep it Simple
In my head, I always have these elaborate plans for super festive food and desserts for the 4th of July holiday. Everything red, white and blue, cut into star shapes, or designed into the shape of a flag. In reality though, I have neither the time nor the patience for such fare. Please tell me I’m not the only one who dreams of a Pinterest life, but lives a much simpler one.
Don’t get me wrong – I’m a Pinterest addict, but some of the DIY holiday/party suggestions you’ll find there are a bit over the top. The good news for you is that means I have quick and easy ideas to share and they are always family approved.
These Brown Rice Crispy Treats w/ Strawberries are just as easy and delicious as the ones you remember from your childhood, but healthier and more festive.
I just got back from a 5 day vacation in Breckenridge, CO. My closest girlfriends and I are all turning 40 this year and we wanted a fabulous getaway to celebrate. It was everything I had hoped for and more.
I absolutely fell in love with Colorado, specifically Breck. It was so casual, everyone was so friendly, there is so much to do, and I could stare at the scenery for the rest of my life. I truly felt at peace there.
I’ve been trying to keep that zen-like feeling going here at home and that means getting back to easy recipes. Some of my favorite recipes on the blog, and also happen to be reader favorites, are simple, quick, and easy, like my Super Simple Burrito Bowl, Chickpea Salad, and Black Bean Salsa Burgers.
These Brown Rice Crispy Treats are going to fall into that same quick and easy category, and you are going to love them too!
No Marshmallows Needed
Just like in my Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Bars, I used a combination of brown rice syrup and cashew butter in place of marshmallows in these Brown Rice Crispy Treats. And I added some freeze dried strawberries for extra flavor and sweetness, which also happens to make them quite festive.
Brown Rice Crispy Treats w/ Strawberries
I hope you’ll try these delicious Brown Rice Crispy Treats w/ Strawberries. When you do, make sure to leave me feedback and a star rating below as I love hearing what you guys think. If you have a chance, snap a quick pic and tag me #veggieinspired and veggie_inspired on social media. Enjoy!
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. It helps to spray a little cooking spray on the dish before placing the parchment paper to help it stay in place. Cut the paper long enough to hang over the sides and use these as handles later to easily pick up the whole block and take it out of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the brown rice cereal and freeze dried strawberries. Set aside.
- In a small pot on the stove, stir together the cashew butter, brown rice syrup and vanilla extract over low heat, stirring continuously, until pourable. This will only take a few minutes and the mixture will burn easily, so don't walk away!
- Pour the liquid mixture over the cereal and strawberries, while stirring. Work quickly as it will thicken up as it cools.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Placing another piece of parchment paper on top and pressing on that will help you to spread the mixture evenly.
- Let the Brown Rice Crispy Treats set in the pan for about an hour before taking them out to cut into squares.
You might also like:
Check out more Healthy Sweet Treats recipes.