Super Simple Vegan Burrito Bowl! So quick and easy it takes less than 20 minutes! Make this your go-to weeknight meal in a pinch!
In a hurry? Low on funds? No worries – you can still have a delicious dinner! I have been eating this quick and easy vegan burrito bowl since long before I switched to a plant-based diet.
I made this at least once a week in my first (very tiny studio) condo in downtown Chicago. It’s inexpensive and gets dinner on the table in a few short minutes. It is also surprisingly flavorful without having to add a bunch of spices.
Back then, I didn’t add the dressing that I’m featuring here, so if you are really short on time or funds or just don’t feel like making the dressing, rest assured this Vegan Burrito Bowl is plenty flavorful without it – it’s all about the salsa, so make sure you get a good one.
Lots of Ways to Eat It
This vegan burrito bowl recipe is really versatile. Eat it with a fork or scoop it up with tortilla chips. Eat it over greens as a salad or pile into a tortilla for a taco. Use it as a filling for stuffed peppers or enchiladas or (obviously) a burrito. How would you eat it?
Don’t miss these other versatile vegan recipes:
Made from Pantry Staples
I use instant brown rice, canned beans and store bought salsa – pantry staples – to whip this up in less than 20 minutes.
Try changing up the veggies if you have some leftovers to use up – carrots, broccoli and jalapeños would all be good choices.
Of course, whole grain rice, beans cooked from scratch, and even homemade salsa would be wonderful if you’ve got the time, but that’s not what this recipe is intended for.
More Easy Vegan Buddha Bowl Recipes:
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowl with Cashew Curry Sauce
- Roasted Veggie Brown Rice Bowl
- BBQ Hawaiian Tofu Bowl
- Spring Veggie Quinoa Pesto Bowl
- Banana Berry Breakfast Bowl
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
Vegan Burrito Bowl
Fear dinnertime with a busy schedule and a budget no more! I even suggest you double this up so you have leftovers for the next day.
Now grab some tortilla chips and dig in!
If you try this quick and easy Vegan Burrito Bowl, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating.
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
For the Burrito Bowl
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 8 oz frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups dry instant brown rice
- 12 oz jar Salsa, (I like Trader Joe's Salsa Authentica, but use your favorite)
- 1 red bell pepper, (diced)
- handful cilantro, (chopped)
Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, (smashed)
- ⅓ cup vegan sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp non dairy milk to thin, (if necessary)
For the Creamy Avocado Dressing:
- Combine all ingredients, except the non dairy milk, in a small bowl and stir well to combine. Add 1 tbsp non dairy milk at a time and stir until you reach your desired consistency. (I used 2 tbsp). Set aside.
For the Burrito Bowls:
- Cook the instant rice according to package directions (this usually takes about 5 -10 minutes depending on brand). When the rice is done, add to the same pot the black beans, corn, and salsa. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 5 minutes. Take off heat, add bell peppers and cilantro if using. Pour in Creamy Avocado Dressing and combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips or over chopped Romaine lettuce.
~To save an extra few minutes, start the rice first and make your dressing while the rice is cooking, then finish the rest of the recipe. Or you can skip the avocado dressing and just add chopped avocado for an ever easier and cheaper option.
Serving Size:4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 796mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 12gSugar: 10gProtein: 12g