*Just want to let you know that this post is sponsored by my friends at Dang Foods. As always, I only recommend products that I use and enjoy myself. All opinions are my own. #DangThatsGood*
Sweet and salty, and even spicy if you wish, this Thai-inspired Homemade Trail Mix is the perfect flavorful crunch for all of your snack time cravings.
This is an exciting and busy time of year for most families.
For us, the kids are headed back to school. High school football games are on the schedule (hubby is a coach). Baseball fall ball for my son happens several times a week. And I’m considering getting the girls back in gymnastics again.
It’s a full schedule and that means healthy portable snacks are a must!
I’m diversifying our snack game and adding a little Asian flair to an easy snack mix recipe. It’s crunchy, sweet, salty, and super tasty! You’re gonna love this Thai Inspired Homemade Trail Mix!
This flavorful homemade trail mix recipe is easy to make.
All of the ingredients are easily found in most local grocery stores.
You could certainly switch out other nuts/seeds to your favorites, but I find this combo to work best with the Thai flavors of the peanut sauce. But definitely don’t forget the Dang Toasted Coconut Chips – they are a wonderfully sweet contrast to the nuts, seeds, and grains.
Dang Foods, influenced by the company’s Asian roots, is creating delicious snack foods your whole family will love.
Dang is committed to sustainability and is a Certified B Corps, meaning the company meets rigorous standards of social and environmental performance. All of their products are Non-GMO Project Verified.
Their goal is to connect cultures through food and fun!
Dang Coconut Chips
I used Dang Coconut Chips Original Recipe in my homemade trail mix. They bring a wonderful sweetness and crunch, and they were the inspiration behind my choice to use Thai flavors to season this crunchy snack mix.
All of Dang’s coconut chips are made from 100% Thai coconuts toasted to perfection for a naturally sweet flavor and deliciously satisfying crunch. With as much fiber and less sugar than a medium apple, they’re a tasty convenient way for the whole family to get their fruit fix.
I love that I can pick up Dang Coconut Chips right where I do most of my shopping, like Walmart and Target. As I mentioned earlier, you’ll find all of the other ingredients for this recipe in either of those stores as well.
While you’re picking up the Original Recipe flavor of Dang Coconut Chips for this Thai Inspired Homemade Trail Mix recipe, consider also giving these other flavors a try:
- Original Recipe Coconut Chips (Walmart/Target)
- Lightly Salted Coconut Chips (Walmart/Target)
- Caramel Sea Salt Coconut Chips (Walmart/Target)
- Chocolate Sea Salt Coconut Chips (Walmart)
If you happen to live by a Sprouts, you’ll find all four flavors there as well.
This tasty snack has it all – texture, flavor, crunch. It’s a sweet and salty mix that will make your tastebuds sing.
The Thai peanut sauce takes just minutes to whisk together and it caramelizes beautifully on the components of the mix when baked.
It will come out of the oven still a bit soft, but just set it aside on the baking sheet and it will develop that crunch as it sits. You don’t want to over bake it because it will burn.
This recipe makes a lot, but don’t be scared.
It’s great for munching at get togethers, parties, and game day.
Pack it up into little containers or baggies and stuff it into lunch boxes or take along on a picnic. Heck, just throw one in your purse to have on hand when hunger strikes.
Store it in an air-tight container on the counter – I like to use large glass jars – and it will keep for a few weeks.
More vegan snack recipes
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Balls
- Vegan Granola Bars
- Super Seed Crackers
- Smoky Roasted Chickpeas
- Soft Baked Pretzels
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Crunchy Thai Inspired Homemade Trail Mix
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup raw shelled peanuts
- 1 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup whole grain oat O-shaped cereal
- 1 cup small pretzels gluten free, if desired
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 cup Dang Toasted Coconut Chips, Original
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup organic natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- dash or two of sraracha optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, O-shaped cereal, pretzels, and black sesame seeds. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, whisk together the peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut aminos, Thai red curry paste, coconut oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and sriracha (if using). Whisk until smooth and pourable. This will take just a minute or two.
- Immediately pour the warm peanut sauce over the snack mix and stir well so all the ingredients are covered in the sauce.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet into an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the coconut chips and golden raisins and mix.
- Let cool on the baking sheet on a wire cooling rack for 20-30 minutes. It will still be a bit soft when it comes out, but don’t worry, it will continue to crisp up as it sits.
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.