This Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal is super moist, full of gingerbread flavor, and easily portable.
Well, hello, my new favorite breakfast treat! If you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast or healthy snack for the holidays, you have come to the right place! These Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Bites, richly flavored with warming winter spices, are sure to make you feel all warm and cozy inside. Perfect warm or cold, these individual baked oatmeals are just what you’ve been craving!
I’ve already brought you Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Bites and Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Cups and you guys went crazy for both of those! I figured it was about time to up the ante and bring you a holiday flavored version.
Come for the dreamy gingerbread flavor, stay for the healthy goodness! These babies are loaded with vitamins and minerals, fiber and protein. And you know what they are NOT loaded with?? No oil, no butter, no dairy, no eggs, no cholesterol, no yucky stuff! You can certainly eat more than one!
I’ve seen lots of gingerbread spiced oatmeal online, but most of them use a scant amount of molasses and spices. I did things a little differently. I used a ½ cup of molasses and 4 teaspoons of spices. These cuties are so rich, moist and decadent, that they could easily pass for dessert. No one will know they are healthy. All three of my kids devoured them and begged for more through their “mmmmm’s” and “aaahhhh’s”.
Pack one in your kid’s lunch and they will FEEL your love!! 🙂 And their friends will be jealous of their awesome lunchtime treat!
Check out that tower of chocolately, gingerbready deliciousness……
Side note: I was going to delete this picture above since it’s so similar to the previous one and thought the ribbon was a little distracting, but then my pink and red loving daughter came over and said, “Oooooh, mommy, that is so pretty!! I like that red ribbon.” I mean, what choice did I have? The picture obviously stays! And you know what, it’s a good reminder that these would make awesome neighbor gifts…and they are probably easier than baking cookies!
More vegan gingerbread flavored recipes
- Vegan Gingerbread Cake
- Oat Milk Gingerbread Smoothie
- Gingerbread Granola
- Chocolate Molasses Cookies
- Homemade Healthy Cookie Butter
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Bites
- 1 cup smashed very ripe banana
- ½ cup organic molasses
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used WestSoy Unsweetened Original)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats (certified gluten free if necessary)
- 2 tbsp flaxmeal
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the smashed banana, molasses, non-dairy milk, and vanilla until well combined.
- To the liquid mixture add the rest of the ingredients and stir will to combine, making sure all the oats are coated.
- Fill the muffins cups evenly. I was able to fill each one almost to the top. Pack down the mixture a bit in each one.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the oatmeal pulls away from the sides and comes out of the pan easily.
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.