This Gingerbread Gluten Free Granola features crunchy little clusters of holiday flavor with pecans, dried cranberries, crystalized ginger, and chocolate chips. Perfect for breakfast, snack, or gift giving.
We love granola! It’s a staple that’s always in the house. Sometimes it’s store bought, but it’s always so much better when it’s homemade. This kid favorite, gingerbread spiced, crunchy, low sugar, oil free, gluten free granola is sure to be hit this holiday season! Great as a snack on it’s own, with a splash of plant milk, or over yogurt for breakfast.
This crunchy gluten free granola is loaded with oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, flax, molasses, pure maple syrup, and almond butter all tossed with delicious gingerbread spices. Your house will smell amazing as this bakes up in the oven. After it’s done baking, it’s tossed with dried cranberries, crystalized ginger, and chocolate chips. Doesn’t that sound like heaven?!
I love this gingerbread granola over dairy free vanilla yogurt and topped with fresh pears. The contrast of soft, sweet pears with the crunchy spicy granola over the creamy tart yogurt is such a delicious combo.
My kids, however, just like the shove this granola in their mouth straight from the jar! They are constantly making a pit stop at the counter to grab another handful. Perhaps that’s why there are always little bits of granola all over my kitchen floor! I’m not mad at them though – it makes me so happy that they love it so much!
This is the perfect breakfast to get you going during the holiday season. It would be a great afternoon pick me up as well. I also like to get cozied up on the couch in the evening with a blanket, a good tv show, and this granola with a splash of warm non dairy milk. Yum!
I think homemade granola is the perfect gift for the holidays. People tend to receive a lot of cookies and sweets this time of year, so how about we stock them up with hearty breakfast/snack food instead. All with a little holiday flair, of course. I found these adorable little gift tags from Two Peas and Their Pod. They are totally free and printable, so grab yourself some too! They are perfect for tying around a mason jar full of crunchy gluten free Gingerbread Granola.
More vegan gingerbread recipes
- Vegan Gingerbread Cake
- Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Gingerbread Molasses Cookies
- Gingerbread Cashew Butter
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
- 3 cups raw old fashioned certified gluten free oats
- ½ cup chopped raw pecans
- ¼ cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp flaxmeal
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp almond butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 2 tbsp molasses (regular, not blackstrap)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup crystalized ginger (diced)
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, flaxmeal, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a medium bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, almond butter, molasses, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well until everything is coated evenly.
- Pour granola onto baking sheet (parchment lined if preferred, but it won’t stick either way) in one even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Add the dried cranberries and crystalized ginger, stir well, and bake another 15-20 minutes until crunchy.
- Place the baking sheet on a cooling rack. Sprinkle the chocolate chips all over the top of the granola and let cool.
- Once the granola is cool, stir to incorporate the chocolate chips. They will have melted a bit while sitting on the warm granola so the gooey chocolate will be distributed throughout all of mixture. If you would rather have non-melty whole chocolate chips – wait to add the chocolate chips until the granola is fully cooled.
- Granola will continue to crisp up after baking.