Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Cake – You are going to fall in love with this dairy free frozen dessert! It’s creamy, refreshing, sweet and tart!
Dairy Free Dreams
This luscious Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Cake is the thing of dairy free dreams! When this ice cream cake recipe was first whirling around in my head, I knew it would be yummy, but I had no idea how incredibly, deliciously amazing it would be.
My husband, who loves his dairy ice cream, had nearly half a cake in one sitting…he just couldn’t stop eating it! A big two thumbs up from all 3 kiddos as well. They were so sad when they found out the cake was all gone after only 2 days. 🙂 It’s that good!
Pretty in Pink
The most difficult thing about this dairy free ice cream cake is waiting for it to set. I was so nervous while waiting because I wanted it to look nice, but I could only see the very top while it was in the pan. I un-molded it while holding my breath and nearly cried real tears when I realized how pretty it turned out. It’s so pretty!
Just a few simple toppings are needed to take this Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Cake to the gorgeous next level. I used lemon zest, fresh strawberries, and a couple of slices of fresh lemon. Perfection!
Go Dairy Free Recipe Contest
I only use and recommend products that I personally use and love, and all opinions are my own.
All entries will be posted between July 10th and July 24th, and then YOU will have a chance to vote on your favorites. I would greatly appreciate any votes in my favor. 🙂 Winners will be announced in August. (Update: Voting is now closed. The contest has ended.)
In addition to the recipe contest mentioned above, So Delicious is also hosting the #RaiseAPint Event. From July 11th through August 5th, So Delicious will award 20 entries with an ice cream party prize pack. You can share your #RaiseAPint moments on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, or see full details here. Good luck! (Update: This event is now closed.)
More So Delicious Recipes to Love
Need more ways to fall in love with So Delicious Dairy Free products? Check out these other recipes:
Back to this scrumptious cake! I wish I could say I nailed this recipe on trial #1, but it took 3 trials to get the texture of this ice cream cake perfect! I wanted both ice cream layers to be the same silky smooth consistency. That was easy with the So Delicious Simply Strawberry layer, but proved much harder with my lemonade layer.
In trial #1, the lemonade layer was too icy, and was sliding off as the strawberry layer melted much quicker. It was delicious, but not quite right texturally. I finally nailed it with the addition of sweetened condensed coconut milk.
Pretzel Pecan Crust
My inspiration for the pretzel pecan crust came from Strawberry Pretzel Salad. Have you had this salad before? It’s a strawberry jello salad with a pretzel crust and a sweet cream cheese layer in between.
The sweet, salty, creamy, and crunchy combo is super yummy, and it works in this vegan Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Cake just as well!
Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Cake
I can’t wait for you guys to try this Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Cake! When you do, please leave me a comment and star rating below. Snap a pic of your beautiful re-creations, too, and tag me @veggie_inspired #veggieinspired on social media. Happy summer eating!!
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels (gluten free, if necessary)
- 1 cup halved raw pecans
- 10 pitted Medjool dates (soaked for 20-30 minutes in hot water)
- 2 pints So Delicious Simply Strawberry Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert (softened)
- lemon zest
- fresh strawberries
- In a food processor, pulse the pretzels, pecans and dates until they start to come together to form a dough. The dough will still be a bit crumbly, but should hold together when pressed in your hand.
- Press the dough into an even layer into the bottom of the prepared spring form pan.
- Spread the softened So Delicious Simply Strawberry Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert into an even layer on top of the pretzel crust. Set the pan in the freezer while you prepare the top lemonade layer.
- Pour the lemonade layer over the strawberry layer in the spring form pan and put it back in the freezer to set (make sure the cake sits flat in the freezer), at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- After the cake is set, let it thaw a bit on the counter before unmolding and slicing. Serve topped with lemon zest and fresh strawberries.
- Keep leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container.
Some notes to make prep easier - while your dates are soaking, place the So Delicious Simply Strawberry Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert pints on a plate on the counter to soften. You can also zest (if using) and juice your lemons at this time.
You might also like:
Check out more Healthy Sweet Treats.