This Sugar Cookie Sandwich w/ Salted Caramel Frozen Dessert article has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DairyFree4All
This vegan ice cream sandwich is made with gluten-free Cinnamon Sugar Cookies and Salted Caramel Non Dairy Frozen Dessert. It’s so easy, yet so indulgent! The perfect summer treat!
These super decadent frozen Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches are made with the perfect Cinnamon Sugar Cookies and ultra creamy Salted Caramel Cluster Non Dairy Frozen Dessert. It’s the perfect combo!
So Delicious Dairy Free® uses high quality, 100% plant based ingredients and never any artificial flavors, colors or preservatives, trans-fats, hydrogenated oils, or high-fructose corn syrup.
They have 25 years of experience bringing delicious dairy free products to the marketplace. It’s a brand you can trust to deliver the taste and texture you are looking for in non-dairy products.
I do the bulk of my grocery shopping at Walmart. It’s convenient and affordable. So, imagine my joy when I discovered they carried So Delicious Dairy Free® products, especially the indulgent non-dairy frozen desserts!
For this vegan ice cream sandwich recipe, I chose the Cashew Milk Salted Caramel Cluster. It’s so good on it’s own, but taken up up a notch by sandwiching it between delicious chewy cookies.
At Walmart, you can find all the ingredients (only 6 needed!) to make the Cinnamon Sugar Cookies, as well.
Salted Caramel Cluster isn’t the only awesome flavor you’ll find from So Delicious Dairy Free®.
They have varieties made from cashew milk, coconut milk, and almond milk, offering flavors such as: Cherry Amaretto, Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl, Mint Chip, Mocha Almond Fudge, Snickerdoodle, Vanilla Bean, Cappuccino, and Dark Chocolate Truffle.
And, let’s not forget about this beautiful Coconut Milk Simply Strawberry that I told you about last month. It is the perfect frozen strawberry treat! I love that beautiful pink color!
In case you need a reminder about my Simply Strawberry creation, check out this gorgeous pic again of the Strawberry Lemonade Cake I made with 2 pints of the creamy pink frozen dessert!
If that doesn’t scream summer, I don’t know what does. Cool, sweet, tart, refreshing, perfect. Aaaaaahhhhh.
Let’s get back to these dairy-free ice cream sandwich cookies. The cookies I chose to use for this recipe are my Vegan Cinnamon Cookies.
The cinnamon sugar compliments the salted caramel so deliciously.
The cookies are perfectly chewy, and when frozen have a great little crunch while still being soft enough to easily bite through.
I’m telling you – this combo- it’s true love!
Now, if you want to take these Cinnamon Sugar Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches up to even another level, you can roll them in some sweet extras. I chose to add several extras because it’s dessert – let’s go all out!
I used mini chocolate chips (chocolate makes everything better), crushed raw cashews (naturally sweet – blitzed in my coffee grinder), and a cinnamon sugar mixture (this was my favorite!).
Extras are optional, but highly recommended!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Sugar Cookie Sandwich w/ Salted Caramel Frozen Dessert
- 2 pints So Delicious Dairy Free Salted Caramel Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert*
- 1 recipe Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
- Optional add-ons: cinnamon sugar (crushed cashews, mini chocolate chips)
For the Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
- Make as directed. The cookies should be about 3 inches in diameter after baking. Set aside to cool completely.
For the So Delicious Dairy® Free Salted Caramel Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert**
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Leave the ends of the parchment hanging over two sides to use as handles later. Also, line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Place the pints of frozen dessert on the counter and allow them to start to melt and soften.
- Once softened, scoop both pints into the 8×8 baking dish and spread into an even layer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for several hours until completely frozen.
- Once frozen, using the parchment paper “handles”, pull the block of frozen dessert out of the baking dish and place on a cutting board.
- Using a 3 inch round cookie cutter, gently cut out a circle of the frozen dessert. Place onto one cookie, top with another cookie, and put the cookie sandwich onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until all the cookies and/or frozen dessert has been used.
- Roll each cookie sandwich in any optional add-ons you are using and place back on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- You can eat them right away or place the baking sheet of cookie sandwiches in the freezer for at least 30-60 minutes. Once completely frozen, you can transfer them to a plastic freezer bag or freezer safe container for storage.
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.