Tortilla Rollups w/ dairy free cream cheese and fresh raw vegetables make the perfect appetizer, snack or light lunch. Perfect finger food for kids too!
How is it mid-August already?
As much as I desperately need my kids to go back to school and get back into a routine schedule, I’m also not ready for summer to end. Not only have we been having a great time this summer, but back-to-school brings it’s own challenges that I’m not ready to face.
Like packing school lunch. Do they really need to eat lunch every day? Sigh… Thanks goodness for easy, fun food like these Tortilla Rollups!
Perfectly Bite Size
Kids love sandwiches.
They love them even more when the sandwiches are fun-size. Sliders, dinosaur shaped bread, or bite size rollups are always a win.
I always ask my son what he wants for his first day of school lunch. In the past, he has requested black bean tortilla rollups. This year, I thought I’d try something similar, yet different.
I’m happy to report that he LOVES these! He was skeptical at first (too much green perhaps?), and he tentatively tried one. He quickly returned to the kitchen for one more. A few minutes later, he came back yet again, grabbed a plate, loaded 3 more on there and scampered off while mumbling, “Mmm, these are really good, mom.”
Cue proud mama patting herself on the back. First day of 3rd grade lunch will be Tortilla Rollups with dairy free cream cheese and fresh raw veggies!!
Not Just For Kids
As much fun as these are for little hands, kids don’t get to have all the fun.
These Tortilla Rollups make an easy to eat light lunch for adults, too. You can cut the tortilla in half instead of bite size pieces, if you prefer, and eat it like a wrap.
Don’t relegate these cuties just to lunchtime. They make perfect party appetizers, too…or really just any time you feel a snack attack coming on.
Labor Day is fast approaching and that means more BBQ’s. Skip the veggie tray and serve these veggie-loaded tortilla rollups instead!
Don’t forget to check out these favorite party appetizers, too:
Tortilla Rollups w/ Vegan Cream Cheese & Fresh Veggies
If you try these vegan Tortilla Rollups, I would love to hear your feedback. Please leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating.
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. I hope you love these as much as we do!
Tortilla Rollups with Dairy Free Veggie Cream Cheese
- 1 recipe Dairy Free Veggie Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 bell pepper (cut into thin strips) (I used red, but use your favorite or whatever you have)
- 2 carrots (halved and cut into thin strips)
- 3 radishes (halved and cut into thin slices)
- 1 small cucumber (halved and cut into thin strips)
- several handfuls arugula
- 8 tortillas (your favorite)
- Lay a tortilla flat on a large plate or cutting board.
- Spread about 3 tbsp of Dairy Free Veggie Cream Cheese Spread on the tortilla.
- Place 3-4 pepper slices, 3-4 carrot slices, 4 radish slices, 3-4 cucumber slices and a sprinkling of arugula leaves on top of the cream cheese spread.
- Roll up the tortilla as tight as possible.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into equal bite size pieces.
Check out even more Party Appetizers!