These Cucumber Bites filled with Sun Dried Tomato Spread are flavorful little one bite appetizers perfect for summer entertaining. Easy to make, gluten free, oil free, and vegan!
Tis the season for garden fresh veggies. Tis also the season for summer entertaining.
These Cucumber Bites with Sun Dried Tomato Spread are quick, easy and can be mostly made ahead of time, which means you have more time to spend enjoying your summer party.
This Sun Dried Tomato Spread is one of my favorite dips. It packs a lot of flavor and is very easy to make.
This creamy spread pairs beautifully with the crisp cool cucumbers.
You need to soak your cashews and sun dried tomatoes for about 30 minutes first, but fear not, because you can make this entire dip ahead of time…even a few days ahead of time.
Keep it in the fridge and try not to eat it all before you get around to filling your cucumber cups.
There are a few easy ways to fill these cucumber cups.
- The easiest way is with a small spoon, although this might not be the fanciest way, but it certainly does the trick.
- If you want them all to be uniform and lovely, a pastry bag works best. You can even get creative and use a fancy flower tip to pipe in the filling (notice I didn’t do that).
- A third option is similar to using a pastry bag, but doesn’t require you to actually buy any pastry bags. You can use whatever kind of plastic food storage bag you have, fill it with your sun dried tomato spread and press it into one of the bottom corners. When you’re ready to fill the cucumber cups, simply snip off a tiny corner of the bag and gently squeeze the filling from the top like you would with a pastry bag.
Don’t save these JUST for entertaining though. The kids and I have managed to make almost a complete meal out of these little guys. They make a great light lunch or healthy snack.
More vegan appetizers
- Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms
- Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Southwest Tortilla Rollups
- Pesto Pizza Bites
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Cucumber Bites with Sun Dried Tomato Spread
- 1 English cucumber (cut into 1 inch thick slices)
- ½ recipe Sun Dried Tomato Spread
- sprinkle of hemp hearts (optional, for garnish)
- tiny basil leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Make the Sun Dried Tomato Spread. This can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for up to several days.
- When ready to serve, cut the cucumber into slices. Using a ¼ tsp measuring spoon like a melon baller, take out the seeds of each slice. Don’t scoop all the way through, you want the bottom of the slice to be intact so your filing will sit inside.
- Fill each cucumber “cup” with the sun dried tomato spread (you can use a spoon or place the mixture into a pastry bag and pipe the filling in.
- Garnish with hemp hearts, tiny basil leaves or both (optional)