Big bold flavors in a little bite – perfect for your next party or get together! Kids and adults alike love these little vegan Pesto Pizza Bites!
The Big Game is fast approaching. What yummy eats are you planning on munching on while watching all those great commercials…er, I mean, touchdowns? Personally, I think you should put these Vegan Pizza Bites on your menu. They are seriously delicious!!!
The combination of flavorful pesto, sautéed mushrooms, and fresh cherry tomatoes in a crispy little pizza dough cup….it is the PERFECT bite! The girls and I may have eaten an entire batch for lunch yesterday.
I got the idea for this recipe when I saw the Hummus Cups from Inspired Taste. They looked so cute and I loved that they used store bought pizza crust to make things super easy. I kept the crust the same, but changed up the toppings. This recipe uses my Pumpkin Seed Pesto.
There is so much flavor here you will NOT miss the cheese on these pizza bites…I promise!! We enjoyed these so much, that I might just have to make a bigger sandwich version sometime. Mmmmmm.
I took the easy route and used a pre-made refrigerated pizza dough. Pillsbury Pizza Dough just happens to be vegan…not exactly healthy, but we aren’t eating these every day. Feel free to use your favorite store bought or homemade pizza dough…bonus if it’s whole wheat.
If you don’t want to mess with cleaning your mini muffin pan afterwards or if you don’t have one, you can bake the little dough circles flat on a parchment lined baking sheet instead.
Or if you don’t even want to be bothered with cutting out circles at all, these toppings are also sinfully delicious on slices of baguette…kind of like a bruschetta.
You might want to make a double batch because I guarantee you won’t have leftovers!
They are always a huge hit at parties. No matter if you are a carnivore, omnivore, or herbivore, you will be loving on these little pizza bites! Kids and adults alike gobble these up in record speed.
More vegan appetizer recipes
- Vegan Polish Mistakes
- Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms
- Vegan Cucumber Bites
- Spicy Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Southwest Tortilla Rollups
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Vegan Pizza Bites
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust dough I used Pillsbury Thin
- ½ recipe Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- 5 large cremini mushroom caps sliced
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes quartered
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a clean surface and cut out as many circles as you can using a 2.5 inch circle cookie/biscuit cutter (or an empty clean 4 oz can works really well too!) I got about 15 circles of dough.
- Press dough circles into a mini muffin pan that has been sprayed lightly with oil. The dough should cover the bottom and sides. Pierce the bottom of the dough with a fork 1-2 times so they don’t puff up too much when baking.
- Bake pizza dough for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- While the dough is cooking, sauté the sliced mushrooms for 3-4 minutes until softened and flavorful. (Mushrooms let out a lot of liquid, so you shouldn’t need oil or water for sautéing.) Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
- When dough is done, let cool for a few minutes. Top each one with 1-2 tsp of pesto, a few slices of sautéed mushrooms and a few slices of cherry tomato.