A nutritious hearty salad that’s tart, sweet, and crunchy. Drizzle this Kale Apple Salad with the creamy dairy free Warm Pumpkin Vinaigrette for fall harvest vibes!
This simple lunch just screams fall and it won’t give you that afternoon food coma.
This Autumn Kale Apple Salad with Warm Pumpkin Vinaigrette would also be the perfect start to a heartier meal.
Protein packed from pumpkin seeds and pecans, tart and sweet from apples and dried cranberries, bursting with vitamins and minerals from kale, and if that’s not enough, high in antioxidants from pumpkin and apple cider vinegar in the vinaigrette, this salad will make you healthier just by looking at it! (Disclaimer: It won’t actually make you healthier by looking at it.)
But it sure is healthy choice if you eat it and, luckily, it’s as delicious as it is nutritious.
I didn’t really measure the salad ingredients as I was throwing them in the bowl, but I’ll do my best here to give you a general idea. It doesn’t really matter though, throw in more nuts or seeds if you like or lessen those and up the amount of fruit…however you like your salad.
The dressing amounts are exact, but you probably won’t use it all. Leftover dressing will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
More healthy vegan salads
- Chinese Tofu Salad
- Arugula Peach Salad
- Massaged Kale Quinoa Salad
- Superfood Salad w/ Citrus Tahini Dressing
- Butternut Squash Quinoa Spinach Salad
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Autumn Kale Apple Salad with Warm Pumpkin Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch curly kale chopped into small bite size pieces
- ⅓ cup raw pecans chopped
- ⅓ cup raw pepitas shelled pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 apples sliced
- Combine pumpkin puree, vinegar, maple syrup, shallot, salt and pepper in a small sauce pot. Mix well.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking continuously.
- Heat on the stove over medium-low for a few minutes to warm, whisking often.
- While the dressing is warming, put all of your salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss well to combine.
- When dressing is warmed through, take off heat and pour over salad. (You don't have to use all of the dressing. Use as much or as little dressing as you like. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple days). Toss everything together to combine.