A hearty salad made with the best of summer produce, chewy grains, and nuts for some crunch. It’s all topped with a tangy citrus dressing. Perfect for summer entertaining or a healthy weeknight dinner.
We are soaking up the remainder of summer while we can. That includes all the delicious fresh produce these warm days have to offer.
Peaches are at their finest right now and we can’t get enough of them.
They pair beautifully with the other ingredients in this Arugula Peach Salad and I know you’re going to love it, too!
Fresh Summer Ingredients
This salad is best when made with the freshest of ingredients, especially the peaches and tomatoes. Using off-season produce isn’t going to create the sweet, juicy flavors desired. Here’s what you’ll need to make this salad:
Arugula ~ One of my favorite greens! It has a peppery bite that is a great complement to sweet juicy peaches.
Peaches ~ High in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, along with a ton of antioxidants. Plus, they taste so good!
Tomatoes ~ High in lycopene, which may improve heart health and decrease cancer risk.
Farro ~ This earthy, chewy ancient grain is high in protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. If you can’t find farro, try spelt or barley as an alternative.
Almonds ~ High in healthy fats, protein and fiber. I love adding nuts or seeds to salads for a crunch. You can even toast them before adding them to this arugula peach salad if you wish.
If you love fruit in your salads, don’t miss these delicious salad recipes:
- Massaged Kale & Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Quinoa Salad with Fresh Dill & Lime Vinaigrette
- Creamy Balsamic Summer Pasta Salad
- Lacinato Kale Superfood Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Lentils and Grapes
- Carrot Pineapple Salad
- and many more! See my Salads page.
Orange Basil Vinaigrette
This tangy salad dressing brings it all together. It’s made with fresh orange juice, red wine vinegar, a touch of maple syrup to balance the flavors, and extra virgin olive oil. There are also sweet peppery strands of basil running throughout, which I think is the best part.
It’s the perfect accompaniment to this fresh summer salad.
Trying to ditch oil? I’ve made the dressing with unsweetened plain almond milk yogurt in place of the olive oil and it’s delicious, so feel free to give that a try instead.
Have lots of basil to use? Check out these fresh summer basil recipes:
- Fregola Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil
- Cold Cucumber Soup
- Cucumber Bites with Sun Dried Tomato Spread
- Mixed Greens Almond Pepita Pesto
How to make Arugula Peach Salad
The farro is the only part of the salad that needs to be cooked, so start it first. Look for semi-pearled or pearled farro…it has less nutrients than whole grain farro, but cooks much quicker. Trader Joe’s sells Quick-Cook Farro that takes just 10 minutes…this is what I use. Whatever kind you buy, cook it according to package directions. You can even do this ahead of time so it’s cooled and ready to go.
Halve the grape tomatoes, slice the peaches, and whisk together the vinaigrette.
Toss all the salad ingredients together and drizzle as much of the Orange Basil Vinaigrette as you like….you may not use it all.
If you don’t plan on eating all of the salad in one sitting, keep the dressing in a separate container.
Don’t miss these other delicious dairy free peach recipes:
- Peaches and Cream Dairy Free Pancakes
- Peaches and Cream Dairy Free Donuts
- Dairy Free Peach Scones
- Warm Peach Crisp with Maple Coconut Whip
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Arugula Peach Salad with Farro & Orange Vinaigrette
For the Arugula Peach Salad
- 1 ½ cups cooked farro* I use quick-cook farro from Trader Joe’s (you’ll need about ½ – ¾ cup dry farro)
- 8 cups arugula
- 2 fresh peaches pits removed, sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- ½ cup sliced almonds**
For the Orange Basil Vinaigrette***
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup use 1 ½ tbsps if you like it a little sweeter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 basil leaves chiffonade
- !For the Arugula Peach Salad
- Cook the farro according to package directions. Let cool.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large salad bowl, including the cooled farro, and toss to combine.
- !For the Orange Basil Vinaigrette
- Whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, maple syrup, and salt.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Stir in the chiffonade basil.
- !To serve
- Drizzle as much of the Orange Basil Vinaigrette over the salad as you like.