These gluten free Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are quick and easy, healthy cookies perfect for fall. I bet you can’t eat just one! Nut-free, oil-free, egg free, and vegan!
These Crunchy Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are super tasty!
They are bite size and I dare you to try to eat just one! Good news though – you don’t have to stop at one because these fall treats are healthy, too!
Eat ’em for breakfast, dessert, or any snack time in between!
I usually use almond flour in my gluten free cookies, like in my Cinnamon Sugar Cookies (a reader fave!), Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies, and Cranberry Pistachio Cookies. Those cookies have crispy edges with chewy centers.
I wanted these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies to be crunchy throughout, so I went with oats and brown rice flour instead. It worked perfectly!
I added pumpkin seeds for an extra crunch factor. You can add chopped nuts if you like that better. Walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, and pecans would all be good choices.
If you like your cookies on the softer side, try my Soft Baked Vegan Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Frosting!
These healthy little cookies boast delicious warm fall flavors.
Not only are they flavored with pumpkin pie spice, but there is almost a whole cup of pure pumpkin purée in them, too.
I use unrefined pure maple syrup to sweeten them up and meld all the cozy flavors together.
The kids were so excited when these rustic crunchy beauties came out of the oven. They could barely sit still as I took my photos.
The girls both had 3 or 4 right then and my son downed 3 the second he walked in the door from school.
Guess what he asked for in his lunch yesterday too! Since they are nut-free, they make perfect lunchbox treats or school snacks!
With ingredients like real pumpkin, rolled oats, raw pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, and, of course, chocolate chips…what’s not to love?! Give them a try today!
Go ahead an grab a big handful…and then come back for more. And you know what I think — these would make a delicious present packaged in a jar and tied with a nice ribbon — perhaps for teachers, neighbors, mailmen, Santa, etc.
More vegan cookie recipes
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Vegan Cinnamon Cookies
- Vegan Molasses Cookies
- Gluten Free Thumbprint Cookies
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Crunchy Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine oats, flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until evenly combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a small spoon, scoop the dough into equal sized balls and place them on the prepared cookie sheet. (The dough might be a bit crumbly, but when pressed it should stick together fine.)
- Press down on the tops of the cookie balls to flatten them. The cookies will not spread or flatten on their own so make them the shape you want them now.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and crispy on the edges. The cookies will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- Let cool for a few minutes on a wire rack before digging in!
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.