Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – quick and easy, healthy cookies perfect for fall. I bet you can’t eat just one!
These Crunchy Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are super addictive! They are bite size and I dare you to try to eat just one! Good news though – you don’t have to stop at one because these fall treats are healthy, too! Eat ’em for breakfast, dessert, or any snack time in between!
Gluten Free and No Refined Sugar
This recipe is an adaptation from an older recipe on the blog: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. I had intended to made those cookies again and take new photos, but decided to switch out the whole wheat flour for gluten free brown rice flour to see if that works. I also wanted to see if I could reduce the amount of added sweeteners in the original version. Both ideas worked and I think I like these new Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies even more!
I may have reduced the sweetness, but the delicious warm fall flavors are all still there. And, because I reduced the amount of maple syrup, I was able to increase the amount of pumpkin. You can’t go wrong with more pumpkin!
The kids were so excited when these rustic crunchy beauties came out of the oven. They could barely sit still as I took my photos. The girls both had 3 or 4 right then and my son downed 3 the second he walked in the door from school. Guess what he asked for in his lunch yesterday too!
Real Whole Food Ingredients
With ingredients like real pumpkin, rolled oats, raw pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, and, of course, chocolate chips…what’s not to love?!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Go ahead an grab a big handful…and then come back for more. And you know what I think — these would make a delicious present packaged in a jar and tied with a nice ribbon — perhaps for teachers, neighbors, mailmen, Santa, etc.
I can’t wait for you guys to try these! Please leave me a comment with your feedback once you do. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag me @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it!
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin purée (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine oats, flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until evenly combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a small spoon, scoop the dough into equal sized balls and place them on the prepared cookie sheet. (The dough might be a bit crumbly, but when pressed it should stick together fine.)
- Press down on the tops of the cookie balls to flatten them. The cookies will not spread or flatten on their own so make them the shape you want them now.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and crispy on the edges. The cookies will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- Let cool for a few minutes on a wire rack before digging in!
You Might Also Like: