Cranberry Pistachio Cookies – perfectly festive cookies for your holidays! Gluten free, Oil free, and Vegan. Cookie exchange anyone?
The littles and I recently had a cookie baking extravaganza. I tested quite a few recipes in one day and, although they all turned out well, these chewy Cranberry Pistachio Cookies were the clear winner. We all agreed on the same thing – it might be a Christmas miracle. 🙂
They are reminiscent in texture to my Cinnamon Sugar Cookies and Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies. All of these cookies are made with almond flour, making them naturally gluten free. They are also oil free and, obviously, egg free. Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside – it’s definitely the way we prefer our cookies in this house.
Holiday Cookie Swap
Holiday cookie swaps are popular this time of year. With so many people these days developing allergies to traditional ingredients like gluten, eggs and dairy, it can be a big bummer if you can’t actually eat the cookies you bring home. Do everyone a favor and make your cookies allergy friendly this year. But you don’t have to sacrifice flavor to enjoy a gluten free vegan cookie! Everyone will like these Cranberry Pistachio Cookies regardless of allergies or not!
Warning: These cookies do contain nuts. If you’re allergic to nuts, try my Crunchy Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies or my Sunflower Fig Balls (which also have NO added sugars!)
Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
I hope you love these Cranberry Pistachio Cookies as much as we do. If you try them, please leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating. Snap a quick pic and find me on social media too. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl to fully combine all the ingredients.
- Stir in the cranberries and pistachios and mix well.
- Scoop out 1-2 tbsp of dough and place onto the parchment lined cookie sheet. Leave at least a couple inches in between each scoop of dough because these cookies will spread.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until golden brown and starting to firm up.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to continue to cool completely. Cookies will continue to firm up as they cool.
The dough will be sticky and wetter than traditional cookie dough.
More Vegan Holiday Treats to Love:
Vegan Date Bread (gluten free)