Buffalo Cauliflower Bites – a meatless version of your favorite buffalo wings. No breading station required – these are so easy!!
No Breading Station
I’ve seen various different recipes for these cauliflower bites floating around online. Most of them seemed to have some sort of tedious breading involved. While I do love breaded things, it sure does take a long time and makes a big mess. I wanted to find a way to make these without the need of a breading station. These Buffalo Cauliflower Bites still have a crunch from the Panko breadcrumbs, but the breadcrumbs are just loosely shaken on, which actually makes them a bit healthier because you can use less. It also makes them super easy! And addictive. Oh my, I think I may have eaten the ENTIRE head of cauliflower by myself. Oopsy!
Get Your Snack On
These tangy spicy bites are the perfect appetizer, game day snack or late night munchie. Serve ’em up with this Cheater Vegan Ranch Dip and I dare you to try to stop eating them. I call this dip “cheater” because I used a store bought processed ingredient as the base. Most vegan ranch recipes call for silken tofu or cashews soaked for 3-4 hours. I didn’t have tofu and I didn’t want to wait 3-4 hours for my cashews to soak. A quick look around the fridge to see what else I had on hand and voila, Cheater Vegan Ranch was born. (Update 9/3/15: Creamy Cumin Ranch Dressing would be wonderfully delicious with these spicy bites and it is made with all whole food ingredients!)
Chow Down Guilt Free
These bites are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and so full of flavor. These are meant for sharing, but I’m pretty sure you won’t want to. 😉 And because these are made with cauliflower instead of the traditional stuff buffalo bites are made with (chicken), they are healthier! So go ahead and chow down guilt free!
[Tweet “Buffalo #Cauliflower Bites – your snacktime NEEDS these! #vegan #recipe “]
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
I hope you love these Buffalo Cauliflower Bites as much as we do. If you try them, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil - depending on the size of your head of cauliflower
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Tabasco Buffalo Style Hot Sauce (Frank's also makes a Buffalo hot sauce)
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soy milk (*see note)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, drizzle the EVOO over the cauliflower and toss to coat well.
- Pour the breadcrumbs over and toss again to coat.
- Pour cauliflower onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spread out into one layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until cauliflower starts to get tender.
- Take out of oven and pour back into the large bowl.
- Pour hot sauce over cauliflower and toss to coat. (Feel free to add a bit more breadcrumbs at this point as well)
- Place back on baking sheet and roast for another 10-15 minutes or so until cauliflower starts to get crispy on the edges.
- Meanwhile, make the Cheater Vegan Ranch Dip. Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until combined.
- Take cauliflower out of oven. Serve with Cheater Vegan Ranch Dip.
Some brands of vegan sour cream are more liquid than others. If yours seems very loose, start with only 2 tbsp of soy milk and then add more 1 tbsp at a time until you reach the desired consistency for dipping.
You Might Also Like: