An easy vegetable side dish for any night of the week. Just a few ingredients are needed for this Green Bean Broccoli Stir Fry, but it brings lots of flavor and nutrients. Serve it as a side or over pasta or rice.
Vegetables sometimes get a bad rap as far as taste and texture goes. If you are one of those people who grew up on mushy flavorless veggies, I don’t blame you. But I’m here to tell you that’s not the way it has to be and it’s definitely not the way it should be!
This Green Bean Broccoli Stir Fry has crispy, yet tender, veggies and lots of flavor. It’s a versatile dish that your whole family is going to love!
My kids’ favorite vegetables are broccoli and greens beans. Usually I make one or the other…simply steamed or roasted. They’re both delicious on their own. And I have one daughter who gets super picky when I start mixing things together. But, lately, I’ve been throwing caution to the wind and doing it anyway.
As luck would have it, the kids all love this combination! It’s still simple enough for their tiny tastebuds, but flavorful enough not to be boring for me and the hubs.
The great thing about a stir fry is that you can sneak in extra veggies. Even those super picky eaters who try to pick out just the one thing they like will inadvertently end up getting some of the other goodies in at least a few bites.
The particular combo in this green bean broccoli stir fry is loaded with vitamin K, vitamin C, fiber, folate, B vitamins, calcium, iron, vitamin A, vitamin E, potassium, selenium, zinc, and even protein and healthy fats! It really has it all!
This easy broccoli stir fry is incredibly versatile. Pair with baked tofu, pan fried tempeh (as I did in these pics), or serve it over rice or noodles….or some combination of all those options. You could even add in some extra veggies if you wish.
I even paired some leftovers with crumbled tempeh (also leftover) and a drizzle of barbecue sauce. I realize that sounds odd considering the flavors of this stir fry lend themselves to Asian cuisine, but the flavors are mild enough that it worked! This dish goes with everything!
More easy vegan side dishes
- Easy Garlic Green Beans
- Oven Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- Kale Apple Slaw
- Arugula Salad with Roasted Potatoes
- Raw Corn Radish Salad
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Green Bean Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or ¼ cup veggie broth or water for an oil free option
- ¼ red onion sliced
- 1 average head broccoli chopped into small, bite-size pieces
- 1 pound green beans trimmed and halved (or cut into thirds or quarters if they are really long)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari
- juice from ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté 3 to 4 minutes to soften.
- Add the green beans and broccoli. Stir. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook 7 to 8 minutes, until crisp-tender. If you like your veggies on the softer side, add 2 tablespoons of water, cover, and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, or until they are done to your liking.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and coconut aminos. Sauté another 2 minutes, uncovered.
- Add the lime juice and sesame seeds just before serving.
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.