Quick and easy with simple fresh ingredients, this Herb Roasted Potato and Arugula Salad is light and herby and full of flavor! It makes the perfect side at dinnertime or a wonderful main dish for a light lunch. Especially delicious with fresh from the garden herbs!
I first enjoyed this recipe several years ago. We celebrated Mother’s Day at my sister-in-law’s house and she and her husband made something very similar. It was so wonderful that I knew I needed to recreate it. Since Mother’s Day is just a few days away this year, I thought it was the perfect time to rephotograph this tasty recipe and send it out to all of you! I hope you enjoy this Herb Roasted Potatoes and Arugula Salad as much as we do!
The flavors in this salad are so light and fresh. In the summer, I use all fresh herbs from my garden, but you could certainly use dried if that’s what you have. The flavors are so vibrant that the only dressing needed is a squeeze of fresh lemon.
I put the warm herb roasted potatoes directly onto the fresh arugula and toss it all together. I love the way the arugula starts to wilt just slightly. It also allows the garlic and herb flavors from the potatoes to transfer to the greens.
This roasted potato salad is excellent served hot, warm, room temperature or cold, which makes it perfect for picnics and BBQ’s. Leftovers make the perfect snack! I find myself sneaking bites every time I pass through the kitchen.
You could just pop these crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside delicious little nuggets right into your mouth and forgo the arugula all together! But I have to beg you try it salad style because the peppery arugula pairs so wonderfully with the garlic and herb roasted potatoes and the squeeze of fresh lemon brings everything together. My mouth is watering thinking about it! I need another bite!
This recipe serves 4 as a side, 2 as a main dish, but could easily be doubled or tripled, etc., to feed more!
More Vegan Salad Recipes
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Herb Roasted Potatoes and Arugula Salad
- 1 lb baby potatoes (halved)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups arugula
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss halved potatoes with the olive oil, fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet in one even layer and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the garlic and toss making sure to keep them in one even layer.
- Put back in the oven for another 10 minutes until the potatoes are brown and crispy on the edges.
- When potatoes are done place them in a bowl with the arugula and toss to combine. Squeeze the lemon juice over everything, toss again and serve.
Content and photographs updated May 2018. Original posted July 2015.