I’ve been meaning to create this recipe since Mother’s Day. We celebrated at my sister-in-law’s house and she and her husband made something very similar. It was so wonderful that I knew I needed to recreate it. I was waiting for fresh arugula from our garden. Unfortunately, the arugula seeds I planted never grew. Bad seeds?? I grow arugula every year and have never had a problem until now. Oh well. I finally just decided to buy some arugula at the store and this fabulous Herb Roasted Potato and Arugula Salad finally happened!
The flavors in this salad are so light and fresh. I used all fresh herbs from my garden, but you could certainly use dried if that’s what you have. The flavors are so vibrant that the only dressing needed is a squeeze of fresh lemon.
I put these warm roasted potatoes directly onto the fresh arugula and toss it all together. I LOVE the way the arugula starts to wilt just slightly. It also allows the garlic and herb flavors from the potatoes to transfer to the greens.
This roasted potato salad is excellent served hot, warm, room temperature or cold. Leftovers make the perfect snack!
Or you could just pop these crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside delicious little nuggets right into your mouth and forgo the arugula all together! But I have to beg you try it salad style because the peppery arugula pairs so wonderfully with the garlic and herb roasted potatoes and the squeeze of fresh lemon brings everything together. My mouth is watering thinking about it!
This recipe serves 4 as a side, 2 as a main dish, but could easily be doubled or tripled, etc., to feed more!
This Herb Roasted Potato and Arugula Salad is quick and easy, light and refreshing and full of flavor! It makes the perfect side at dinnertime or a wonderful main dish for a light lunch.
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups arugula
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss halved potatoes with the olive oil, salt and fresh herbs.
- Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet in one even layer and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the garlic and toss making sure to keep them in one even layer.
- Put back in the oven for another 10 minutes until the potatoes are brown and crispy on the edges.
- When potatoes are done place them in a bowl with the arugula and toss to combine. Squeeze the lemon juice over everything, toss again and serve.
This recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled, etc. to feed a crowd.