Pineapple Coconut Muffins – light and airy with a tropical twist. Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Ray of Sunshine
I think the warm temps might actually be here to stay finally. And by warm, I mean 60’s, but I’ll take it! Being able to leave the house without a coat (and consequently having to make sure 3 kids also have their coats) makes me so happy. You know what else makes me super happy? These Pineapple Coconut Muffins! They are light, airy and fluffy with a tropical twist which reminds me of sunny days and summer breezes. If you are in need of some sunshine (in the form of food), bake up a batch of these delicious dairy free muffins!
Pineapple and Coconut
Pineapples, besides being a gorgeous yellow hue, are incredibly healthy. They are high in vitamin C, manganese, copper, B vitamins, fiber and folate.
Coconuts boast fiber, iron, potassium, and B vitamins.
If you’ve ever had a piña colada, then you know these two are a match made in heaven. So, these Pineapple Coconut Muffins are basically a piña colada in solid form and who wouldn’t want that?!
Kid Tested and Approved
Like all of my recipes these vegan muffins were tested by my kiddos. They got 2 thumbs up from each and there’s only a ½ cup of sugar in the whole recipe. They liked the sweet little juicy bits of pineapple strewn throughout. They’ve made for a happy after school snack time all week.
Pineapple Coconut Muffins
So, what are you waiting for? Go make a batch of these soft, fluffy muffins and enjoy a bit a sunshine in your day. Snap a pic and tag me, #veggieinspired and @veggie_inspired, on Twitter or Instagram and the come back here and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you guys!
Pineapple Coconut Muffins
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk (I used Lite, I think full fat work work fine too)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup melted coconut butter* (also called coconut manna)
- ¾ cup diced pineapple (fresh or canned)
- Sprinkle of unsweetened shredded coconut (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and melted coconut butter.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture until just combined.
- Stir in the diced pineapple and mix to evenly distribute.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins. About ⅓ cup in each one should be just about perfect to use up the batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes before taking them out of the pan and letting the muffins continue to cool on the wire rack.
Love muffins? You may want to try one these as well: