Light and airy vegan muffins with a tropical twist. These Pineapple Coconut Muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
These Pineapple Coconut Muffins make me happy! They are light, airy, and fluffy with a tropical twist that reminds me of sunny days and summer breezes. If you are in need of some sunshine (in the form of food), bake up a batch of these delicious dairy free muffins!
Pineapples, besides being a gorgeous yellow hue, are incredibly healthy. They are high in vitamin C, manganese, copper, B vitamins, fiber and folate.
Coconuts boast fiber, iron, potassium, and B vitamins.
If you’ve ever had a piña colada, then you know these two are a match made in heaven. So, these Pineapple Coconut Muffins are basically a piña colada in solid form and who wouldn’t want that?!
Like all of my recipes these vegan muffins were tested by my kiddos. They got 2 thumbs up from each and there’s only a ½ cup of sugar in the whole recipe. They liked the sweet little juicy bits of pineapple strewn throughout. They’ve made for a happy after school snack time all week.
More vegan muffin recipes
- Vegan Zucchini Muffins
- Vegan Protein MuffinsVega
- Vegan Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Cranberry Almond Muffins
- Vegan Carrot Oat Muffins
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Pineapple Coconut Muffins
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk I used Light, I think full fat work work fine too
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup melted coconut butter* also called coconut manna
- ¾ cup diced pineapple fresh or canned
- Sprinkle of unsweetened shredded coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and melted coconut butter.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture until just combined.
- Stir in the diced pineapple and mix to evenly distribute.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins. About ⅓ cup in each one should be just about perfect to use up the batter.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes before taking them out of the pan and letting the muffins continue to cool on the wire rack.