Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins – oil free, refined sugar free, and bursting with blueberries.
These Whole Wheat Blueerry Muffins were a staple during the school year. I would often tuck one in my son’s lunchbox for dessert or even in place of a sandwich. They are proving to be a staple during the summer months as well. Frozen blueberries can be found all year round and they are just as delicious as fresh.
Quick and Easy
Like most of the baked goods on my blog, these Banana Berry Muffins are quick and easy. You only need 10 ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand, and about 10 minutes prep time. Less than 20 minutes in the oven and you are on your way to yummy, bursting with berries, muffins.
Take them On-the-Go
No time for breakfast? Need a quick snack while you’re out and about? These Whole Wheat Banana Berry Muffins are perfectly portable. Make a batch over the weekend and have grab-n-go breakfasts and snacks all week. You can even freeze them for later!
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
If you make these healthy whole wheat blueberry muffins, please leave me a comment below with your feedback and rating. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag #veggieinspired and @veggie_inspired so I’m sure to see it.
Healthy whole wheat blueberry muffins - perfect for breakfast, snack or even dessert!
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (or berry of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, flaxseeds, vinegar, mashed banana, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until everything is moistened, but do not overmix. Fold in the berries.
- In the prepared pan, fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way and bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted through the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan on a wire rack for a few minutes before removing them from the pan to cool completely on the wire rack.
~Recipe updated 7/4/16
You might also like: