Spiced Carrot Oat Muffins – Loaded with healthy ingredients, you won’t feel guilty eating more than one of these delicious muffins.
Sometimes I get so sick of sending sandwiches with my son in his lunchbox. I like to come up with easy to pack recipes that are healthy, but still fun for an almost 7 year old. It’s easy to sneak fruits and veggies into baked goods. It’s even easier to store them and toss them into his lunch when needed. Baked goods generally freeze pretty well too, so they are great make-ahead recipes. These Carrot Oat Muffins were a hit with my son, but an even bigger hit with my pickiest 3 year old twin daughter! Score!!
There is a bit of sweetener added, but overall these muffins are healthy. Chock full of carrots, apples and oats, you won’t feel guilty eating more than one!
Because they are made with such fresh ingredients, store them in the fridge, but I like them best heated up just a bit.
Carrot Oat Muffins
I hope you love these Carrot Oat Muffins as much as we do. If you try them, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup flaxmeal
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray or line a 12 count muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, flax meal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger,
- In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and soy milk.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the shredded carrots.
- Pour batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. (I baked mine for 35 minutes, but all ovens vary a bit).
More Delicious Dairy Free Muffins to Love: