Cranberry Almond Muffins – a light and airy whole wheat muffin with sweet and tangy cranberries and a crispy top.
You have no idea how many bags of cranberries I have in my freezer right now. I just kept buying them fresh when they were on sale because I love them so much. I’ve used up several already and there is really no end in site.
Good thing they freeze really well. I found another scrumptious use for them – Cranberry Almond Muffins! And these might just be my new favorite snack (or breakfast, lunch or dessert).
Tart and Sweet
These cranberry almond muffins are lightly crisp on top and super soft on the bottoms.
They have all the lovely tartness that cranberries bring along with a little sweetness as well.
You seriously won’t believe how light and soft they are even with whole wheat flour. So good!
My kids are like circling vultures when I’m baking these days. They are begging to try whatever deliciousness is in the oven before even knowing what’s in there. Lucky for them, I usually make things I know they’ll like.
Cranberries are hit or miss with kids because they are very tart. Sweet treats are usually winners, though, no matter what other ingredients are in there. It was no different this time. A stamp of approval from all of my littles have deemed these babies a success!
Cranberry Almond Muffins
I hope you love these festive Cranberry Almond Muffins as much as we do. If you try them, please leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating.
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a muffin pan lightly with oil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss the cranberries with the cornstarch until they are dusted and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt and flax meal.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, almond milk, and almond extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, whisking until combined.
- Add the cranberries and mix gently.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Take the muffins out of the pan and let them continue to cool.
More Delicious Dairy Free Muffins to Love: