These Black Bean Salsa Burgers might be the easiest veggie burgers you’ll ever make. They can be on your table in 15 minutes and require only 4 ingredients!
15 Minute Meal
I’m kind of obsessed with making veggie burgers. You are likely to find one on our menu each week. And each week, it’s also likely to be a different recipe.
I have a few favorites that I return to often, but I love experimenting with different flavors and textures. I have found, however, that I generally prefer black bean burgers.
These Black Bean Salsa Burgers are so simple, it’s almost embarrassing. You can whip these up in literally just minutes. They hold together well, so stick them on a bun and load it up with your favorite toppings. Serve them with these Crispy Potato Rounds and you’ve got yourself a meal!
An American Standard
Who doesn’t love a good burger? They are pretty much a staple of every American diet. You’ll find them at every summer gathering on the backyard BBQ and in nearly every restaurant you’ll ever step foot.
No need to get fancy either – a simple burger with ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato and pickle (and maybe raw onion, but that’s not for me). It’s a classic.
I don’t think I have to tell you that the traditional loved American burger is made from beef. But, what about the vegetarians of the world who want to enjoy a hearty burger loaded with their favorite toppings?
There are many versions of veggie burgers out there and lot of them have a variety of spices, herbs, and veggies in the burger “meat” itself. While these are super yummy, it sometimes limits what toppings will go well.
That’s where these Black Bean Salsa Burgers come in! The perfect simple black bean burger to add whatever toppings you desire. You can even melt some vegan cheese on top.
Choose Your Sides Wisely
And what better to go with a hearty burger than some kind of potato? Instead of fries, here I decided to slice up some potatoes super thin and bake them until crispy.
So grab a plate and load it up with these Black Bean Salsa Burgers and Crispy Potato Rounds! Who says plant based food is boring?
Black Bean Salsa Burgers
I hope you love these Black Bean Salsa Burgers as much as we do. If you’ve got 15 minutes, you’ve got dinner on your table! And one that your whole family will love. Please leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating after you try them. I can’t wait to hear what you think! You can also find me on social media, so snap a pic of your remake and be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I don’t miss it. Chow down, friends!
- 1 can organic black beans (rinsed and drained) (or 2 cups cooked dry beans)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (gluten free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (or whole wheat flour, oat flour, bread crumbs, etc)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp your favorite salsa (I like Trader Joe's Salsa Authentico)
- 1 tbsp oil (olive oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil)
- 4 burger buns (gluten free, if desired)
- ketchup, mustard, onion slices, avocado slices, pickles, lettuce, tomato, etc. (optional)
- Mash black beans in a bowl with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the oil, and stir to combine.
Depending on how liquidy your salsa is, you may need to add more flour. Add it 1 tbsp at a time if needed, mixing after each addition. Likewise, if your mixture seems dry, add 1 tbsp more of salsa at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Divide mixture into 4 sections. Form each section into a patty and place on a large plate.
- Refrigerate plate of burger patties for about 20 minutes. This step is OPTIONAL, but does help the mixture set and stay together. If you don't have time for this, skip it; your burgers will be just fine!
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat.
- Pan fry each burger patty for 3-4 minutes each side until lightly browned and crispy on the outside.
- Assemble burger on bun with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
- Toss the potatoes with the spices and spread them evenly on baking sheet trying not to overlap
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, turning the potato rounds over 1/2 way through, until crisp.
~Use certified gluten free oats to make this burger gluten free!
~Nutrition facts includes burgers w/ buns and potato rounds, but not toppings.
More Vegan Burgers To Love: