Vegan Peanut Butter Cups – decadent and rich, adult and kid approved, and easy to make. These Dark Chocolate Nut Butter Cups are from the new book, Vegan Reset by Kim-Julie Hansen. Use whichever nut butter you love best or use seed butter to make them allergy friendly.
Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. So is chocolate and almond butter. Chocolate and cashew butter. Chocolate and sunflower seed butter. I could go on.
Lucky for me and you, these Dark Chocolate Nut Butter Cups are super versatile and you can use whichever nut or seed butter you love best. Or mix and match – have fun with it! They’re so easy to make with just 6 ingredients.
As you can see I chose to make Vegan Peanut Butter Cups because that’s my kids’ favorite. Which flavor would you make first?
These homemade nut butter cups might not look as pretty as those you’ll find in the little packages in the store, but trust me they are EVEN MORE DELICIOUS!
So intensely chocolatey with real unsweetened natural peanut butter. Next time I make them, I’m going to use a mini muffin pan. Even a little mini bite would be enough to tame the biggest chocoholic (a.k.a. me and/or all of my kids).
Keep reading for a full review of Vegan Reset and to get the recipe for these little bites of chocolate peanut butter heaven!
Vegan Reset by Kim-Julie Hansen
She created Vegan Reset: The 28-Day Plan to Kickstart Your Healthy Lifestyle to take the guesswork out of jump starting your journey to wellness.
You’ll love the easy-to-follow detailed menu plans with recipes, shopping lists, and meal prep tips. You’ll come back for additional recipes that will keep you eating healthy delicious meals long after your 28-day reset ends. And you’ll find invaluable her tips for restoring balance to your everyday life.
This book is for you if you are:
- wanting to try out a plant based diet
- thinking about adopting a vegan lifestyle
- in need of new recipe ideas
- in need of doable everyday healthy habits
Take a Peek Inside
Part 1: Getting Started ~ Here you’ll find tips for stocking your kitchen, how to cook and store beans and grains, grocery shopping and money saving tips, what to expect physically and mentally, and self-care tips.
Part 2: The 28-Day Program ~ Here you’ll find a complete menu plan for 28 days, including shopping lists for each week, meal prep instructions and tips for each recipe, and of course, the corresponding recipes.
Here is a sampling from two days of the reset:
- Breakfast – Plum Granola
- Lunch – Herbed Lentils & Lemon Kissed Brussels Sprouts
- Snack – Veggies & Seeds
- Dinner – Baked Potatoes with Creamy Corn Sauce
- Breakfast – Apple-Cinnamon Rice Pudding
- Lunch – Chickpea & Root Veggie Bowl
- Snack – Fruit & Nut Butter
- Dinner – Bok Choy Miso Soup
Part 3: Continuing with a Vegan Lifestyle ~ Here you’ll find information about ethics, environment, and health benefits of a vegan lifestyle. There are also several recipes for homemade beauty and skin care products. Lastly, Kim-Julie will give you tips on Being Vegan in a Non-Vegan World.
Part 4: Additional Recipes ~ Like the chapter title suggests, here is where you’ll find more amazing recipes for continuing a healthy plant based diet.
Here is a sampling of some of the recipes in this chapter:
- Maple Pecan Latte
- Curried Pumpkin Seeds
- Spicy Cashew Dressing
- Cherry Pancakes
- Bell Pepper Quinoa Bowl
- Grapefruit-Pistachio Salad
- Walnut Basil Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Penne
- Chili-Lime Cauliflower Bowl
- Apple Cinnamon Crumble with Coconut Cream
- Hazelnut Vanilla Pralines
And many more mouthwatering recipes, including the Vegan Peanut Butter Cups I’m featuring here!
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
These are so easy to make! You need only 6 ingredients (7 or 8 if you choose to do a sampling of nut butters instead of just one).
Here’s how to do it:
- Melt the cocoa butter.
- Whisk the melted cocoa butter into the chocolate ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into cupcake forms and freeze for a few minutes.
- Dollop the nut butter onto the chocolate.
- Add more chocolate to cover the nut butter and freeze again.
I prefer these vegan peanut butter cups straight from the freezer, but you can store them in the fridge too.
Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
I hope you love these Dark Chocolate Nut Butter Cups as much as we do! If you try them, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating.
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
And don’t forget to order a copy of Vegan Reset for yourself!
Dark Chocolate Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- To make the chocolate, mix together the coconut oil, cocoa butter, maple syrup, cacao powder, vanilla, and salt in a bowl using a whisk.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of the melted chocolate mix to each of 9 cupcake forms. Refrigerate or freeze for 10 minutes.
- Add a little more than 1 teaspoon nut butter to each form.
- Cover with more chocolate, sprinkle a little sea alt on top, and refrigerate or freeze for another 20 minutes before serving.
More Easy Vegan Desserts to Love: