Chocolate Almond Cookies – soft and chewy. You won’t believe these are made with no butter, no oil, and no refined sugar!
My kids are fiends for chocolate. They come by it naturally. Chocolate is pretty much the lifeblood of my mom’s side of the family (well, that and pierogi). And I love all things almond (almost as much I love cinnamon!) Therefore, Chocolate Almond Cookies had to happen. They are very similar in texture to my Gluten Free Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies, but with different flavors. You guys are gonna love these!
These are really double chocolate almond cookies! I used cocoa powder and chocolate chips in this cookie recipe. Two times the chocolate can’t be wrong, right?! If you love chocolate like we do, you might also want to check out my Cherry Chocolate Walnut Truffles (they take only 15 minutes!), Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes (chocolate & peanut butter = match made in heaven!), and Chocolate Nice Cream Breakfast Parfaits (chocolate suitable for breakfast? Bring it!)
Come to think of it, they are actually triple almond – almond flour, almond butter, and almond extract. Why be boring with single doses of yummy, when you can have double and triple?
These Chocolate Almond Cookies are so quick, so easy, and so tasty, they make the perfect everyday cookie. But, they easily dress up in their finest to be suitable for the holidays as well. Wrap them up in red tissue paper and place them in a cute tin and they would make delightful neighbor or teacher gifts. Or bring a plate to your next gathering and watch them disappear.
Chocolate Almond Cookies
I hope you love these Chocolate Almond Cookies as much as we do! I love hearing from you guys, so if you make them, please come back and leave me a comment with your feedback below. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired to your remakes so I’m sure to see them. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter (I like raw almond butter because it's thin and runny)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Mini Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until well incorporated.
- Once the batter is incorporated, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop batter onto the prepared baking sheet. The batter will be sticky, so use one spoon to scoop the dough and another spoon to help scrape the batter off the first spoon onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with a glass of your favorite non dairy milk.