Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe – This easy fruit salsa recipe is perfect for summer. It’s sweet and juicy with a subtle heat. Perfect for snacking with chips or using as a topping for burgers and tacos. Grab some fresh ripe peaches and enjoy!
Chips and salsa are a staple in this house. I have no less than 4 jars of salsa in the pantry at any given time and usually 1 or 2 or opened ones in the fridge. We are addicted!
We tend to rely on store-bought for convenience, but it’s actually pretty easy to make your own homemade salsa. There are so many variations to create, including fruit salsa!
Keep reading to learn how to make this homemade fresh peach salsa recipe and some delicious ways you can use it!
What is Salsa?
Salsa is a Spanish word that means “sauce” in English. In the United States, we typically think of salsa as a spicy raw tomato-based sauce with onions, and peppers.
What Can I Add to Salsa To Make it Better?
If you’re looking for a more creative salsa recipe, the options are endless. Adding different herbs, vegetables, and even fruit, will satisfy your salsa cravings no matter your mood.
Fresh Peach Salsa Ingredients
This easy Peach Salsa is made with just 5 ingredients, plus salt.
Combining peaches, jalapeños, red onion, basil, orange juice, and a pinch of salt is a super tasty refreshing combination.
Be sure to use fresh peaches that are in season to ensure they are sweet and juicy.
How to Make Peach Salsa
All you need to make this quick fruit salsa is a cutting board, sharp knife, and a bowl. No food processor necessary!
Simply dice the peaches, finely dice the jalapeños and red onion, and chiffonade the basil. Squeeze the juice of an orange over the top, add a pinch of salt, and toss gently to combine.
Fruit Salsa Variations
Change up the flavors of this peach salsa recipe easily with just a few ingredient swaps.
Try cilantro and lime juice instead of basil and orange juice.
Add diced tomato or cucumber.
Replace two of the peaches with diced mango.
Add an extra jalapeño and/or leave in the ribs and seeds for an even spicier bite.
What combinations would you try?
More Easy Vegan Recipes for Summer
- Easy Watermelon Juice
- Cold Cucumber Soup
- Dairy Free Pesto
- Chocolate Dairy Free Ice Cream
- Coconut Water Smoothie
- Raw Veggie Chopped Salad
Is Fresh Salsa Healthy?
Yes! Fresh salsa is one of the healthiest condiments you can reach for.
Whether you choose tomato-based salsa or fruit salsa, it’s loaded with vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. Made from plant foods, it’s naturally cholesterol free.
It’s also gluten free and oil free!
What to Eat with Peach Salsa
Tortilla chips, of course!
Try it with these other amazing recipes, too:
- Crispy Coconut Lime Baked Cauliflower Tacos
- Healthy Breakfast Tacos
- Savory Crunchy Corn Waffles
- Millet Black Bean Patties
- BBQ Hawaiian Tofu Bowl
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili
- and a new Chickpea Veggie Burger recipe coming soon….(see photo below)
Love peaches? Don’t miss these other vegan peach recipes:
- Arugula Peach Salad
- Peaches and Cream Dairy Free Pancakes
- Peaches and Cream Dairy Free Donuts
- Dairy Free Peach Scones
- Warm Peach Crisp with Maple Coconut Whip
Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe
I hope you love this Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe as much as we do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating.
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
- 4 medium fresh peaches, pits removed, diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed, finely diced
- 6-8 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Juice of 1 naval orange
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss gently to combine.
~If you like things spicy, leave the ribs and seeds in or add an additional jalapeño.
~Try cilantro and lime juice instead of basil and orange juice for a delicious variation.
~Add diced tomato and/or cucumber for a slightly different twist.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Prodyne Iced Dip-On-Ice Stainless-Steel Serving Bowl
- Premium Herb Keeper and Herb Storage Container – Extra Large Glass Design Keeps Greens and Vegetables Fresh for 2x Longer – By NOVART
- EXTRA LARGE Organic Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove - Best Kitchen Chopping Board for Meat (Butcher Block) Cheese and Vegetables | Anti Microbial Heavy Duty Serving Tray w/Handles - 18 x 12
- IMUSA USA VICTORIA-70009 Orange and Citrus Squeezer, Orange
- J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 31161-201 CLASSIC Chef's Knife, 8 Inch, Black
- Amco Peach Pitter/Slicer
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 36 Sodium: 14mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 1g
The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook features more than 100 delicious, plant-based, kid-approved recipes perfect for busy weeknights, or whenever you feel like trying out a meat-free meal. From filling Sloppy Joe Casserole with Cornbread Crust to one-pot Quick Peanut Noodles and tasty BBQ Ranch Romaine Pasta Salad, these meals will satisfy even the pickiest of palates. Read more about the book here.
It’s available for pre-order NOW.