Quinoa Vegetable Soup – quick and easy soup made with summer vegetables. Light tasting, yet filling from the protein packed quinoa.
For me, soups on all year long. I don’t care how hot it is, soup is always a good choice. Especially quick and easy soups that don’t require having the stove on all day. This Quinoa Vegetable Soup can be made in about 30 minutes, making it perfect for a weeknight meal. The flavors are light, the vegetables are packed with nutrition, and the quinoa is filling.
Make it a Meal
Truly, this Vegetable Soup with Quinoa is a meal in itself, but, it’s light enough to be an easy lunch that won’t weigh you down. If you are looking to add even more staying power, serve it up with some crusty bread or even add some cooked macaroni noodles or orzo to the soup before serving. A salad is always a good combo choice with soup as well. Even the kids love this one. Now, that’s a win!
Take it Into Fall/Winter
I’ve created this Quinoa Vegetable Soup soup to be enjoyed in the heat of summer, but believe me, you can enjoy this deliciousness into the cooler months too. These days you can find fresh vegetables and herbs all year long in the grocery stores, but feel free to swap out for your favorites or what’s on sale. Even a bag of frozen mixed vegetables would work in this soup and be just as tasty!
Quinoa Vegetable Soup
You can see how much I love soup here and I hope you love it just as much! If you make this Quinoa Vegetable Soup please leave me a comment with your feedback and star rating below. I love hearing from you guys! You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
- 3 medium or 2 large carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (divided)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari or soy sauce)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 zucchini (chopped) (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tsp salt
- 5-6 leaves fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat 1/4 cup vegetable broth. Add the diced carrot, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar and coconut aminos. Sauté for 7-8 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Add the diced tomatoes remaining vegetable broth, and quinoa and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, peas, salt, basil, parsley and additional tbsp of balsamic. Simmer another 3-4 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning as desired. Serve hot.
You Might Also Like:
See even more Healthy Soup Recipes.