This Quinoa Vegetable Soup, made with summer vegetables, is quick and easy. Light tasting, yet filling from the protein packed quinoa.
For me, soups on all year long. I don’t care how hot it is, soup is always a good choice. Especially quick and easy soups that don’t require having the stove on all day.
This Quinoa Vegetable Soup can be made in about 30 minutes, making it perfect for a weeknight meal. The flavors are light, the vegetables are packed with nutrition, and the quinoa is filling.
Truly, this Vegetable Soup with Quinoa is a meal in itself, but, it’s light enough to be an easy lunch that won’t weigh you down.
If you are looking to add even more staying power, serve it up with some crusty bread, garlic bread, or add some cooked macaroni noodles or orzo to the soup before serving.
A salad is always a good combo choice with soup as well.
Even the kids love this one. Now, that’s a win!
I’ve created this Quinoa Vegetable Soup soup to be enjoyed in the heat of summer, but believe me, you can enjoy this deliciousness into the cooler months too.
These days you can find fresh vegetables and herbs all year long in the grocery stores, but feel free to swap out for your favorites or what’s on sale.
Even a bag of frozen mixed vegetables would work in this soup and be just as tasty!
More vegan summer soups
- Cold Cucumber Soup
- Velvety Green Vegetable Soup
- Veggie Chili Soup
- Vegetable White Bean Soup
- Vegan Carrot Soup
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Quinoa Vegetable Soup
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari or soy sauce
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 1 zucchini chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 5-6 leaves fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat ¼ cup vegetable broth. Add the diced carrot, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and coconut aminos. Sauté for 7 to 8 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Add the diced tomatoes, remaining vegetable broth, and quinoa and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, peas, salt, basil, parsley and additional tablespoon of balsamic. Simmer another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning as desired. Serve hot.
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.