Summer Stew from Vegan Yack Attack On The Go – an easy vegetable and white bean soup recipe that uses the best of summer garden offerings. It all comes together in less than 30 minutes!
Hearty and comforting, yet light and nutrient-packed, this Summer White Bean Soup recipe can be on your table in less than 30 minutes! It’s just one of 100+ recipes you’ll find in Jackie Sobon’s new cookbook, Vegan Yack Attack On The Go.
Home-cooked meals can be hard when you lead a busy lifestyle, but this cookbook has you covered! Quick and easy; Portable; Make-Ahead; Bulk-Cooking; plus more! There’s no reason you can’t eat well “on the go!”
Keep reading for a full review of the cookbook and the recipe for this delicious Summer Stew.
Jackie Sobon ~ Vegan Yack Attack
Jackie is the creative genius behind the blog, Vegan Yack Attack. There you’ll find everything from breakfast to desserts, healthy to indulgent, and, of course, they’re all vegan.
Now, I’m thrilled to share with you, Jackie’s second book, Vegan Yack Attack On The Go!
Vegan Yack Attack On The Go!
Plant Based Recipes For Your Fast-Paced Vegan Lifestyle
“Packed with everything from car breakfasts and work lunches to airplane snacks and potluck fare, you’ll feel confident knowing you can go anywhere, do anything, and still eat delicious plant based food.”
Each recipe is tagged with one or more of these helpful labels: Under 10 Ingredients; 30 Minutes or Less; Portable; Make-Ahead; One-Pan; Gluten-Free; Soy-Free; Nut-Free; Oil-Free; Sugar Free.
Take the guesswork out of how to feed your busy family and get yourself this cookbook!
Take A Look Inside
Here is a sampling of some of the recipes you’ll find inside the pages of this cookbook:
Quick Breakfasts, Snacks, and Treats ~ Creamy Berry-Full Polenta; Crustless Quiche Bites; No-Bake Apricot Almond Bars; Pumpkin Maple Donut Holes
Prep-Ahead Recipes ~ Vanilla Chip Buckwheat Bars; Teriyaki Mushroom Jerky; Freezer Black Bean Burritos; Millet Sweet Potato Soup Bags
Lunch Box Stuffers ~ Grill and Chill Salad; Kale Raspberry Grain Salad; Grilled Eggplant Pesto Pita Pockets; Whole Wheat Empanadas
Bulk Cooking ~ Drop Biscuit Pot Pie; Creamy Mushroom Tempeh and Broccoli; Lentil Balls with Zesty Rice; Cheezy Potato Onion Pierogi
Food On The Move ~ Cauliflower Curry Grill Packets with Yogurt Sauce; Asparagus Omelet in a Bag; Cheater Chilaquiles; Beer Can Pulled Cabbage
Make Your Own Staples ~ Buckwheat Taco Meat; Seitan Two Ways; Garlic Mayo; Sunflower Parmesan
Plus there is a chapter called Vegan Eating Made Easy that contains Pantry Necessities, Essential Kitchen Equipment, and Helpful Tips & Tricks.
Make This Summer Stew
Take this cookbook on a trial run by making Jackie’s perfect vegetable and white bean soup recipe (Summer Stew pg. 99).
It’s gluten free, soy free, nut free, and sugar free. It can be oil free, too, if you use a few tablespoons of broth instead of the 1 tablespoon of oil.
It’s made all in one pot, can be made ahead, and takes less than 30 minutes.
Perfect for an easy tasty lunch or a hearty dinner paired with a hunk of crusty bread. Easily packable in a thermos for school or office lunch boxes.
White Bean Soup Recipe
I hope you love this Summer Stew as much as we do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating.
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
Don’t forget to order your copy of Vegan Yack Attack On The Go now!
*Vegan Yack Attack On The Go! © 2018 Quarto Publishing Group USA Inc.
Text © 2018 Jackie Sobon. First Published in 2018 by Fair Winds Press, an imprint of The Quarto Group,
100 Cummings Center, Suite 265-D, Beverly, MA 01915, USA.
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sunflower oil
- 1 cup (140 g) diced onion
- 2 cups (280 g) chopped zucchini
- 4 ounces (120 g) green beans
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 cups (500 g) chopped tomatoes
- 1½ cups (315 g) cooked corn kernels
- 2 15 oz (850 g) cans white beans, plus liquid
- 1 cup (235 ml) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley (or more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
- Warm the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions, zucchini, and green beans to the pot, sautéing for 5 minutes or until the onions are mostly translucent. Next, stir the garlic, tomatoes, and corn into the vegetables, sautéing for 3 more minutes.
- Add the white beans plus liquid, vegetable broth, basil, parsley, black pepper, and optional red pepper to the pot. Simmer covered over medium-low heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste the stew and season with salt, plus more herbs if you prefer. Serve hot.
~Jackie says, "Tip: At certain grocery stores you can buy grilled corn in the freezer section. I love thawing this out and using it in recipes like this one to add even more flavor."