An easy White Bean Spread flavored with roasted carrots and lots of spices and herbs. Perfect as a dip or a sandwich spread. Dig in!
We love dips and spreads around here. We eat so much hummus, we may just turn into it. I wanted to turn my children’s love of dipping into a sneaky way to get them to eat more veggies. This Roasted Carrot and White Bean Spread does the trick so well, they like to eat it by the spoonful!
My kids are really quite good about eating their vegetables, but they do have their picky moments. I am not above sneaking in the veggies and watching them chomp away unsuspecting. Even if they leave the raw veggies behind and only use crackers or chips to dip into this luscious spread, you can rest easy knowing they are getting a healthy dose of vitamins, minerals and protein!
If you aren’t above the sneaky veggies either, check out these other recipes you might enjoy as well: Lentil Mushroom Bolognese, Coconut Water Smoothie w/ Berries & Spinach, Cinnamon Squash Bread w/ Cinnamon Icing, or Flax & Walnut Zucchini Muffins.
This white bean spread would be great on a sandwich, in a wrap, or a dip for pita chips or raw veggies, but my favorite combination is a whole wheat cracker topped with the Roasted Carrot and White Bean Spread and a cucumber slice. The rich carrot bean spread, the crunchy cracker and the crisp light cucumber works so well together. I have made a lunch of this on more than one occasion because I can’t stop eating it.
Small white beans, cannellini beans and chickpeas all work well. I’ve tried them all, so use whichever one you have in your pantry. And the flavors only get better while they sit, making this a great make-ahead dish.
Roasted Carrot and White Bean Spread
I hope you love this White Bean Spread as much as we do. If you try it, please leave me a comment below with your feedback. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
- 2 cups chopped carrots (peeled)
- 1 small onion (chopped into big pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans (or 1 15 oz can)
- 1 roasted red pepper (I used jarred, but you can roast a raw pepper with the carrots if you want)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp gluten-free tamari (or soy sauce)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt/pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil for roasting (about 1 tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place carrots and onions on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables for 20-25 minutes until tender and edges are browned.
- In a food processor, place the roasted vegetables and all remaining ingredients. Pulse until nearly smooth. I like this with a little bit of texture, but you can puree it all the way if you prefer.
- Serve with crackers, raw vegetables, pita chips, or crusty bread.
~This is also delicious as a sandwich spread!
More Delicious Dairy Free Dips to Love: