These Strawberry Rhubarb Coconut Milk Popsicles are sweet, tart, creamy, and refreshing. They’re a dairy-free frozen treat that will keep you cool all summer.
I got pretty lucky a couple of weeks ago when a friend gifted me a huge bag of fresh rhubarb. It was also pretty lucky that I had just purchased some popsicle molds a few days prior. The universe was clearly trying to tell me something.
Strawberry rhubarb popsicles themselves would have been great, but I upped the deliciousness factor by adding in some coconut milk, too. Coconut milk is so naturally creamy, freezes up beautifully and balances out the sweet and tart flavors of the strawberry rhubarb perfectly!
Your summer is screaming for some Strawberry Rhubarb Coconut Milk Popsicles!
The first batch I made had more coconut milk than strawberry rhubarb and while the kids all gave them a thumbs up, they said they would prefer the ratio to be the other way around.
Lucky for them, when I was unmolding the popsicles by placing the molds in a bit of warm water, I left them in there just a little too long. When I took the pops out of the molds, they were pretty drippy and messy. Oops! While that didn’t affect their flavor, obviously, it did affect pictures. Soooo, on to batch two with more strawberry rhubarb and less coconut milk.
These new pictures might not be masterful either, but they turned out much better than the first ones. You’ll have to trust me on that. And the kids declared these ice pops winners all around!
More vegan frozen desserts
- Apple Popsicles
- Watermelon Popsicles
- Frozen Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
- Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Cake
- Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- No Churn Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Strawberry Rhubarb Coconut Milk Popsicles
- 6 rhubarb stalks (chopped) (about 2 ¼ cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- about ½ cup full fat coconut milk (I used a little less)
- 10 serving popsicle mold
- 10 popsicle sticks
- Place chopped rhubarb, strawberries and maple syrup in a small pot on the stove over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, turn heat to low and continue simmering for about 15 minutes until the rhubarb is tender.
- Meanwhile, pour about 1 teaspoon of coconut milk into the bottom of each popsicle mold, place the top on the molds and put the sticks in place in each one. Stick the molds in the freezer to freeze.
- Once the strawberry rhubarb mixture is completely cooled, take the pops out of the freezer and layer 1 tbsp onto the coconut milk. Place the pops back in the freezer and the strawberry rhubarb mixture back in the fridge.
- Once the first two layers are frozen, repeat with 1 teaspoon of coconut milk and 1 tablespoon of strawberry rhubarb mixture, freezing after each layer.
- Once the pops are completely frozen, you can unmold them by placing them in a shallow bath of warm water. I just filled up rectangular baking dish a few inches for this. You can also fill your sink a few inches. It only takes about 20 seconds or so in the water bath for the pops to become loose, though you will have to tug a bit to get them out.
- Relax and enjoy!
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.