Made with So Delicious Dairy Free Frozen Dessert and a few extra ingredients, this cool creamy pie comes together easily and tastes like a frozen snickers bar. You are going to LOVE this!
What screams summer more than ice cream? Nothing! The kids beg for it all the time and I’m more than happy to give in once in awhile.
I usually make homemade ice cream, or nice cream, as its come to be called. My Chocolate Dairy Free Ice Cream is their favorite…and it’s no churn! But I’m also a sucker for the delicious store bought dairy free options that are available these days.
It’s never been easier to be plant based and still enjoy all the flavors and textures that you’re used to. This Frozen Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie is the kids’ new favorite treat and I can’t say I blame them. You’re gonna love it too!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Heaven
Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Caramel + Ice Cream = serious bliss on your taste buds!
My favorite candy bar growing up was Snickers. I could eat those 2 at a time (eek!). I can’t even begin to remember that last time I ate one of those candy bars, but I still love the perfect combination that is peanuts, chocolate, and caramel!
This cool and creamy chocolate chip pie brings all of those favorite childhood flavors back to life. The peanutty crust stays soft even when frozen and resembles the texture of chewy nougat. The luscious filling has the perfect balance of peanut butter and sweetness with little bits of chocolate running throughout. The CocoWhip, caramel drizzle good enough to eat straight from a spoon, crushed peanuts and chocolate chips bring it all together into decadent pie glory.
The caramel drizzle, by the way, is made with more ice cream!!
So Delicious Dairy Free
You guys already know how much I love So Delicious Dairy Free.
Last summer, I brought you two delicious sweet treats using their frozen dessert products – my Sugar Cookie Sandwiches with Salted Caramel Frozen Dessert and my Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Cake, which was my submission into the 2016 summer contest hosted by Go Dairy Free.
And this past January, I showed you how to make an Easy White Bean Salad using So Delicious Unsweetened Yogurt Alternative.
All of So Delicious Dairy Free’s products are certified vegan and Non-GMO Project verified!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you tried it, please use the rating system in the recipe card and leave a comment below with your feedback.
Be sure to sign up for my FREE Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW recipes! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
For even more easy family recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook!
Frozen Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
For the Pie:
For the Peanut Butter Caramel:
- ½ cup So Delicious Coconut Milk Non Dairy Frozen Dessert in Vanilla Bean flavor (the So Delicious cashew milk variety of vanilla will also work)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp water (to thin, if needed)
- chopped raw unsalted peanuts
- dairy free chocolate chips
For the Crust:
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan** with a circle of parchment paper cut to fit. Set aside.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add 2 cups peanuts, dates, and cocoa powder and pulse until combined. Add water 1 tbsp at a time, if needed, to help the mixture come together. It should hold together easily when pressed into a ball.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared springform pan. You can press the mixture up onto the sides of the pan too if you wish so it resembles a pie crust more – I did – or you can just make an even layer on the bottom.
- Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
For the Ice Cream Filling:
- Place the cookie dough ice cream and ¾ cup peanut butter into the bowl of the food processor (just rinse it out from the crust – no need to thoroughly clean it). Blend until combined and smooth.
- Pour the ice cream filling into an even layer on the already prepared crust. Place back in the freezer to set.
For the CocoWhip Layer:
- While the pie is setting up in the freezer, take the CocoWhip out of the freezer and let it soften until spreadable. Mine took about 20 minutes or so.
- Once softened, spread the CocoWhip into an even layer over the ice cream filling. Set the pie back in the freezer for several hours (or overnight) to set.
For the Peanut Butter Caramel (makes about 1 cup – you probably won’t need it all*):
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk the ½ cup of vanilla ice cream, maple syrup, and ¼ cup peanut butter until smooth. Add water 1 tbsp at a time to thin if needed.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- When ready to serve, drizzle the caramel sauce over the pie and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Nutrition values are calculated using online calculators and are estimates only. Please verify using your own data.