Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding – Apple, cinnamon and maple flavors nestle together all warm and cozy in perfect individual servings waiting to be smothered in a creamy, sweet, slightly salty caramel sauce.
Oh my…this Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding is so good! The flavors in this bread pudding work perfectly together…apple, cinnamon, maple…nestled all warm and cozy together in a perfect individual serving then drizzled with the creamy, sweet, slightly salty caramel sauce. You’ll want to devour this dreamy bread pudding morning, noon and night. And because it’s loaded with healthy ingredients, you won’t feel guilty if you dig in upon waking (after you’ve had your coffee, of course!)
I’ve been meaning to create a bread pudding recipe for quite awhile now and somehow I just never got around to it. But, when the opportunity arose to sample some products from Vivapura, I knew exactly what I was going to make. This recipe uses 3 Vivapura products: Coconut Creme, Cashew Butter and Lucuma Powder.
I’ve been hearing about Lucuma Powder, but had never tried it until now. It is made from the Peruvian fruit, Lucuma, and is referred to as the “Gold of the Incas.” Lucuma Powder is a gluten-free low-glycemic sweetener with a subtle maple flavor and is high in antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
And trust me when I tell you you’ll want to eat this cashew butter with a spoon and never stop! Seriously.
The top of this bread pudding gets just crispy enough while the inside stays soft and creamy. The addition of fresh diced apples in the mixture lends a nice texture. You will not be sorry if you go make this NOW!
Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding
I hope you love this Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding as much as we do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a message below with your feedback. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Place the cubed bread in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the applesauce, cashew butter, maple syrup, soy milk, lucuma powder and cinnamon until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the cubed bread and stir to make sure every piece of bread is coated.
- Add the diced apple and stir.
- Set aside for 10-15 minutes for the mixture to thicken.
- Lightly spray 4 individual ramekins with coconut oil.
- When bread pudding mixture has thickened a bit, spoon the mixture into the ramekins and bake for 30 minutes.
- With about 5-10 minutes left of cooking time, start your caramel sauce.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the coconut creme, lucuma powder, coconut sugar, salt, vanilla and soy milk.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, whisking constantly.
- Turn down heat to low and continue to simmer while whisking for about 10 minutes until mixture thickens to desired consistency.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the bread pudding and devour!
*This is not a sponsored post. The Vivapura products used were sent to me for free, but I was not otherwise compensated. All opinions regarding these products are my own. To learn more about Vivapura products, please visit their website and their blog.
More Vegan Apple Recipes to Love: