Kidney Bean Salad – This deliciously simple salad is perfect for a quick lunch, side dish for dinner, picnic in the park, or backyard BBQ. Easily doubled or tripled for a crowd. And it only gets better as it sits, so it’s the perfect make-ahead dish.
This kidney bean salad has been my go-to lunch for the past several weeks. I just love the all of the fresh simple ingredients together. As the salad sits, the cucumbers release some of their juice which then become part of the dressing flavors. It’s delicious eaten immediately, but leftovers are even better!
The Humble Legume
They are quite mild in flavor and easily absorb the tastes of the ingredients they are paired with. They hold their shape well, which makes them a great choice for both cold and hot dishes.
They’re inexpensive, versatile, and you should be eating them!
Kidney Bean Nutrition
Kidney beans, like most other beans, are incredibly healthy. They boast high amounts of fiber, folate, protein, B vitamins, iron, potassium, and so much more!
They can help stabilize blood sugar, increase energy levels, lower cholesterol, aid in weight loss, and possibly even help in treating/preventing cancers.
Bonus: kidney beans are basically fat-free – so eat up this Kidney Bean Salad guilt free!
How To Make Kidney Bean Salad
This Kidney Bean Salad could not be easier. Open a couple of cans, chop a few veggies, whisk a little dressing, done!
The fresh parsley is key in this recipe – do NOT substitute dried parsley.
Kidney Bean Salad
I hope you love this Kidney Bean Salad as much as we do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
Kidney Bean Salad (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 2 15 oz canned kidney beans (drained and rinsed) (or 3.5 cups cooked kidney beans)
- 4 radishes (diced)
- 1 English cucumber (seeded and diced)
- ½ red onion (diced)
- ½ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (use 2 if you like it sweeter)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- Add kidney beans, radishes, cucumber, red onion and parsley to a medium mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss well.
- Eat immediately or cover and refrigerate. It only gets better as it sits!
Photos and content updated April 2018. Original posted September 2012.
More Crowd Pleasing Vegan Recipes