Cucumber Chickpea Salad with Balsamic Tahini Dressing is a quick and easy addition to any meal. Especially great for BBQ, potluck or picnics where it’s going to sit out for awhile. The mingling of the flavors will only enhance this dish and since it’s dairy-free, there is no need to worry about it going bad.
Have you ever tried those Goddess flavored store bought dressings? They are my favorite! I just love how the addition of the tahini really makes it pop. Those flavors were my inspiration for this yummy Cucumber Chickpea Salad. It’s tasty right out of the bowl, but can also be made ahead of time, which will allow the flavors to mingle even more.
This could be an appetizer, a side salad or a main course. It would also be an easy addition to any lunchbox.
It does require a bit of chopping, but it’s still quick and easy; I promise! Use as much or as little of the dressing as you desire. Leftover dressing will store in an airtight container (I like to use mason jars) in the fridge for a couple of days. Leftover salad will also store in the fridge, though if you want to assure yourself leftovers for the week, I suggest doubling this recipe…I can nearly eat this whole thing myself; it’s so good!
Never heard of tahini? It’s a paste made from ground hulled sesame seeds. Think peanut butter, but made from sesame seeds instead of peanuts.
The fresh parsley and the balsamic tahini dressing really make this Cucumber Chickpea Salad what it is. Feel free to experiment with your favorite fresh herbs (dill would be a great one to try!), but you MUST try this dressing! Yum!
Cucumber Chickpea Salad
I hope you love this Cucumber Chickpea Salad as much as we do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
- 1 English cucumber (or de-seed and peel a regular one), chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 red onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl; mix well
- Make dressing by whisking all ingredients, except water, in a small bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of water at a time to dressing until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour dressing (as little or as much as you like) on top of the salad and mix again.
- Eat immediately or chill until serving.