Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies ~ Moist, tender, and fudgy flourless blondies with a crackly top. Gluten free and vegan, but so delicious no one will ever know. I dare you to eat just one!
I don’t think I’ve ever worked so hard on getting a recipe just right. I can’t even count how many times I tweaked my original recipe, but I finally nailed it!
These Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies are my new go-to treat! They are moist and tender in the center with just a bit of a crackly crust on top. They are perfectly sweet, healthier than your average blondie recipe and, oh, so addictive!
What’s the Difference Between a Brownie and a Blondie?
Not much actually. They are more similar than they are different. They are both soft dessert bars. The main difference is that brownies contain chocolate and blondies don’t.
Both brownies and blondies can have many variations and flavors.
Healthy Baked Goods
While these do contain a good amount of sugar, they are also packed with protein, fiber, folate and iron, so you can feel good about your new afternoon treat! Oh, and guess what? They are dairy free, gluten-free and oil-free too!
And, the cinnamon….ahhh, the cinnamon. I LOVE cinnamon. So spicy, sweet and fragrant. Did you know cinnamon, full of manganese, fiber and calcium, has been shown to have anti-clotting and anti-microbial properties? It also helps to control blood sugar levels and boost brain function. Basically, you need to devour these dreamy blondies immediately!
Love cinnamon? Don’t miss these other delicious cinnamon recipes:
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Smoothie
- Maple Pecan Cinnamon Scones
- Cinnamon Squash Quick Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Cinnamon Chickpea Dairy Free Truffles
- Spiked Hot Cocoa with Cinnamon
It’s no secret that my “secret” ingredient in these Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies is chickpeas! I super swear promise you will not taste them! Trust me! But they do provide that great fudgy texture!
How to Make Chickpea Blondies
The entire batter is made in the bowl of a food processor and comes together in less then 5 minutes. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
After that, just spread the batter in a prepared 8 x 8 pan and bake!
How Do You Know When Chickpea Vegan Blondies are Done?
You’ll know the chickpea blondies are done when the top start to crackle and the sides start to pull away from the pan. A toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean.
How Long Can You Keep Blondies
My kids and I inhale these vegan blondies usually in a day!
If you have leftovers, keep them in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days. After that, storing them in the fridge would be best.
More Vegan Dessert Bars You’ll Love!
- Pumpkin Fudge Brownies
- Fudgy Mocha Black Bean Brownies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Cranberry Oatmeal Bars
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bars
- Classic Vegan Toffee Bars
- Triple Almond Oat Bars
Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies
I absolutely can’t wait for you guys to try these Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies! After you make them, run back here and leave me a comment with your feedback below! Please leave a star rating under the photo in the recipe card, as well.
You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I’m sure to see it.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas (drained and rinsed) (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats (certified gluten free if desired)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (or organic brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1.5 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cinnamon Sugar mixture (optional for garnish) (equal parts of cinnamon and sugar mixed together)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spritz an 8x8 baking dish with oil or line with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients, except walnuts, in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Add the walnuts, if using, and stir gently, then smooth the batter out.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the sides start to pull away from the baking dish and the top is firm.
- The blondies will continue to firm up while cooling.
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar garnish, if using.
~Nutrition facts calculated without optional cinnamon sugar topping.
Serving Size:9 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 21gProtein: 6g