Dairy Free Truffles – they may be small in size, but they are BIG in cinnamon flavor reminiscent of unbaked snickerdoodles. They are also gluten free and so incredibly easy to make.
Calling All Cinnamon Lovers
Where are my cinnamon lovers at? If you are not a cinnamon fan, I advise you to look away now. For real – we are not skimping on the cinnamon today! These little gluten free balls of deliciousness are loaded with cinnamon in them and then coated with cinnamon on them.
If you are a fan of my Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies, then you must get in the kitchen and make these Cinnamon Chickpea Dairy Free Truffles immediately!
Inspired by Blondies
The inspiration for these vegan truffles comes from one of my most popular recipes – Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies. If you haven’t tried those yet, what are you waiting for?! There are countless reviews on that post from readers raving about them. And they are basically foolproof.
As successful as that recipe is, I wanted to try my hand at making them into an easy no bake treat. You know, because it’s important to have options to feed our cinnamon cravings. Oh boy, did I succeed! These Cinnamon Truffles might be even more addictive than the blondies!
Judging from my kids’ reactions to these, I’m pretty sure they agree.
Health Benefits of Cinnamon *
While these dairy free truffles might not be considered a health food, they certainly do have some redeeming qualities. Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants and has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. It has also been shown to lower blood sugar levels, have antibacterial properties and even boost brain activity.
Dairy Free Truffles
Most traditional truffle recipes call for butter, heavy cream or cream cheese. Well, we don’t need any of that dairy stuff to create a melt-in-your-mouth indulgent treat.
In fact, we are using 2 super healthy ingredients to create that perfect texture instead – chickpeas and cashews! It might sound weird, but trust me, it works! Not only does it work – it works REALLY WELL!
Once these truffles have been in the freezer for awhile, they actually taste like cinnamon cheesecake bites!
Cinnamon Chickpea Dairy Free Truffles
Ok, enough chatting. These Cinnamon Chickpea Dairy Free Truffles are seriously amazing little bites of pure bliss and I can’t wait to hear what you think of them. Please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating after you make them. Snap a pic and tag me @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired on social media too. I LOVE seeing your pics of my recipes!
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all ingredients for the truffles into the bowl of a food processor and pureé until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Scoop out the dough 1 tbsp at a time and roll into a ball using your hands. The dough may seem a bit "wet", but should not be sticky. Place each ball onto the prepared baking sheet. Continue until you have used all of the dough.
- Mix together the coating of equal parts coconut sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. I like to pulse this in a coffee grinder for a few seconds to get it really fine so it sticks better, but this is optional.
- Roll each ball into the cinnamon/sugar mixture until fully coated on all sides. Place back onto the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer until set. You can enjoy them right away, but they are better cold. I like them to sit for several hours or even overnight to really firm up.
You might also like:
*Source – The World’s Healthiest Foods